Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee
Homewood
$99
$63
$60
All reviewslocated directly across the streetweekly ratefront desk staff was very niceclean sheetsstayed two nightsrooms are largeoutdoor poolone night stayflat screenup to datedefinitely stay here againpetscvspillowsirmahurricaneodor
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We have been here for 3 weeks till our house is ready. The staff here is great our room spotless. The pool has been open everyday. The women that clean the rooms
work really hard. This is a great place to stay. People that complain are probably the trouble makers that got put out. This is a great family place. Love it and will stay again.Any problem we had we let staff know and it was taken care of. Our laundry was fresh and clean. People always want to give bad reviews when they do wrong. Shamefull..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others on Tripadvisor. Our staff cares about the guests stay. Of course you can't always please everyone, but things do happen and if we're offered the opportunity to resolve a guest issue I'm sure you'll be pleased. Tourism is very important to Florida and Hernando County. Come see what the Nature Coast has to offer.

We look forward to your family staying in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

For a Motel6, this is a good place! Rooms are clean. Staff Friendly. Internet connection is good. No breakfast, but complimentary coffee. Aesthetics are good. Across the street from Weeki Wachee State park. Easy access. I would come here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa L
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for your most recent review of Motel 6 located in Spring Hill, FL. We appreciate all your comments on the staff, they care how a guest's stay is and want to make it a good experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Best Motel 6 I have ever visited. The staff is friendly and patient. Brandon checked me in and did a fantastic job. Although this location does not offer a continental breakfast, I never eat the free breakfast at hotels. I'll be returning to this location again. It is right across from Weeki Wachee park where you can also kayak and canoe.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a microwave and refrigerator so if you need one, be sure and select a room type that has them
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Hi,

Thank you so much for choosing Motel 6 for your accommodations while visit Weeki Wachee. As always we try to offer the very best customer service to our guests. Thank you for also mentioning we offer micro/fridges in certain rooms but are limited, guest's can request when making reservations for an additional fee by calling the property directly. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Yes, yes...What was I thinking!?!? The answer: I was thinking that being close to my destination point was a good idea. The room was musty and smelled of wet cigarettes. Yes, we were in a non-smoking room. We were told AFTER registration and payment that the pool was closed. The bed was comfortable enough. But the room was not cleaned well and made for an uncomfortable stay. The bathroom tiles were painted over..always a sign of just plain BAD maintenance and upkeep. Towels so thin a roll of paper towels may have served us better. And, noisy folks standing outside, smoking, swearing, screaming and arguing at all hours prevailed. Avoid this place even if you have to sleep in your car!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

I apologize that you were not satisfied with your recent stay. I see you travel a lot by all the reviews you offer the public. I don't see any notes that you contacted the staff to let them know you were unhappy. We did have a rowdy weekend and guests. My understanding is that the Front Desk Supervisor came in on his day off to rectify and the noisy guests were asked to vacate. Had you let us know during your stay we could have moved you to a quieter room area. We are in the process of renovation and hope you will allow us to offer you a comfortable stay in the future. Please contact me any time to discuss further. My sincerest apology.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We returned to the hotel at 4 p.m. and at this point assumed the pool was locked due to the lightning in the area. A storm moved through and received several inches of rain as it did. The pool umbrellas were never lowered and one was about to blow over the fence so my boyfriend ran out jumped the 3 foot fence and stopped it from becoming a projectile during the storm. Not a safe move on his part but he was more concerned about it breaking one of the windows. When the storm passed he went to the office and was told it was closed for maintenance. I then went down and asked if she could call the maintenance man to find out where the test kit was and I would do it myself. Pam was very pleasant and said that was not possible nor would she even call Austin or Mike. Being a pool owner my whole adult life I know that that much rain will lower the chlorine level significantly. At this point several of us called corporate merely to try and get someone out there to test the water. Once again when you shock a pool the normal protocol is to wait 24 hours till the chlorine is low enough to be safe. Having several inches of rain dilutes that and the water could have been fine. Nobody could be bothered enough to test it so it remained closed for the night. I would also like to add that the phone in the room did not work so I went down to the lobby Sunday morning to let them know that they did not need to clean our room ( since there was no sign to put on the door ). They came in and made one bed, the girls had stuffed animals all over the other and they did not leave clean towels. Our A/C was so loud that it woke us up almost every time it turned on and the tiles in the bathroom have been painted so it was chipping all over. (Any LEAD in that paint?) We also had a outlet that a lamp was plugged into not work. ( Faulty wiring?) Next time I will spend the extra and stay at the Quality INN around the corner that includes a fridge, micro, coffee maker as well as a full breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

I'm very sorry you did not have a good experience during your stay with us. Unfortunately, a child defecated in the pool. These accidents do happen and with guidance from the Hernando Health Dept. protocol we're required to shut down the pool. The mishap happened during Memorial Day weekend. Yes, unfortunately the pool had to be closed for the safety of our guests. This occurred during the day, our Maintenance staff tested the water before he left and determined it still was not safe to swim. We notified our guests of the situation and some guests like yourselves became very upset. I can understand your frustrations. But we locked the pool for safety reasons. I was surprised to hear that you climbed the fence and allowed your children to do the same. It was not our intentions to have any guests evicted on a holiday weekend but when guests do not observe hotel policy we must act accordingly. Some of the guests had been drinking all day and were furious about the situation. We hope that guests understand by reading my reply that we're a great place to visit!!