“Great Place to Stay”

Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Spring Hill
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed two nights. Great price, clean, very nice. Exceptional for a Motel 6. Right across from Weeki Wachee. We kayaked with Paddling Adventures (another great place). Saw Manatees, too. What a great way to start the New Year 2014.

Room Tip: If you need a microwave and refrigerator, make sure and select a room type that has them.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Hi Gigi,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. Great tip to advise if you need a micro/fridge to mention that when making your reservation. Motel 6 does not offer those amenities. However, we do have a limited number of rooms that do with and extra charge. We're in a great location and offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Hope you'll visit again when we're completely renovated during the springtime.

Thank you.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We came upon this motel looking for a place to rest overnight after a long day of travel. Front desk staff was extremely helpful. Checkin was simple and quick.

The room itself was poorly cleaned. We immediately found a soda can that had apparently had fallen off the nightstand, as well as some gumball machine prizes. There were some icky spots on the bedspread, which should have been washed.

There were several soft towels available, but only 2 washcloths were left in the room. Given that there were no tissues in the container, we ended up using one of the two washcloths before we realized that we only had one washcloth left.

The toilet paper roll had very little left, and should have been exchanged for a fresh roll. When i changed the roll, i found rubber bands in the opening, and nails protruding from the other side. There were also a few hairs in the bathroom floor.

Then when i went to crawl into the bed, i was very fortunate not to hurt myself on the bedframe extender, which was sticking out several inches from the bed.

Other than the icky spots on the bedspread, the bedding appeared clean and the bed itself was comfortable. There was ample lighting in the room. Ample pillows, but they were the smaller, square pillows, making it difficult to use them to prop up in bed to use laptop.

Overall, this room was a good value for the price. But if you are bothered by less than pristine housekeeping, you may want to pay a little more somewhere else. But if you just need a place to lay your head while traveling, this place will suffice. (Rm#113)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Motel 6. We appreciate the criticism of the hotel. In further inspection of the room you stayed in I can see that the bed was adjusted back on the frame to fit correctly. A previous guest may have moved the bed. However Housekeeping should not overlook details in the room. Maintenance has repaired the paper holder as well. Anytime you stay at a hotel please let Management know about any issues so they can be rectified immediately. We are going thru a major renovation this spring and hope you will stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean; polite staff. Free wifi but no breakfast. The bed was comfortable.

The area doesn't have a lot of great options but this one is okay based on the price. We didn't have any specific problems or complaints. I would probably stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for your recent review about the hotel. True, we do have a limited amount of hotels in the area. We offer clean, comfortable, and affordable rooms. We do not offer breakfast, however we do offer "The Best Rate" in town everyday. So the savings can be used at one of our many local restaurants. I'm glad to hear that you'll stay with us again. We're going to have a full renovation starting in April. Hope to see you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was here on a buisness trip and never stayed in a motel 6 before. I have to say I was very suprised as I did not expect to have such a wonderful time. As my fellow traveling workers know, work travel can be very stressful. However, every morning when I woke up I felt refreshed and ready to start my day.This is probably beacause... There is coffee in the morning in the lobby till around 10AM.. FREE! the front desk staff was on point, and always found a way to say yes! house keeping was SUPER FRIENDLY and knew how to clean!
The property is courtyard style surrounding a beautiful pool. landscaping is as if I was at a 5 star resort! They do not have a gym on site, but jogging the pathway around the property was good enough and better than a treadmill anyway. No breakfast? Who cares! the amount of money I saved staying here, i could go out to eat. Plus, if you knew how they cooked thoes "free" breakfasts, you wouldn't want it anyway.

Needless to say,
If you travel to Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee and do not stay at motel 6.. Your wasting your money and being foolish. I Will Definitely be back! Keep Up the Good work.

Room Tip: They do have smoking rooms. So if your non-smoker like myself, Ask to be in the non-smoking building...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for choosing Motel 6 for your accommodations while visiting Spring Hill recently. We appreciate all the wonderful compliments regarding our beautiful property. With such a large pool surrounded by the courtyard landscape we're always trimming, weeding, blowing, mulching with all the effort to keep it manicured I'm really proud of our team. As you mentioned we do not offer breakfast but do offer free coffee in the morning. Our rates are so affordable that true you can enjoy a full freshly cooked breakfast at a number of local restaurants in the area.

Customer service and guest satisfaction are truly important to us here and I'm so glad they proved that to be 100% true while you stayed with us. Again, I want to thank you for such kind words and I look forward to seeing you in the future. Let us know when you're visiting again.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We only stayed here one night passing thru the area on a visit to Weeki Wachee springs. The staff members that we encountered were very helpful and friendly. The layout of the motel complex is centered around the pool and courtyard area which is excellent. We requested a King with no reservations and had no problem getting it at a very low rate. The room was very spacious and well appointed. When we first entered the room my wife noticed what appeared to be two pieces of dog food laying in plain sight on the floor, I'm not sure how that would be overlooked, but upon closer inspection the room was otherwise spotless, so we didn't make an issue about it. We did spend a few hours at the pool, which was very clean and had towels provided, before going to dinner. Unfortunately the onsite restaurant was not open during our visit, but we did find a great place nearby. The location, value and convenience would be what brings us back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clangonly
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.com regarding your visit at the Motel 6 Spring Hill. I see that you're an avid traveler and share your experiences with others. I would like to Thank you personally for all the wonderful comments about our property. We do offer a clean, comfortable and affordable room as you mentioned. I do apologize that things were missed and the room should have been inspected prior to your arrival. We appreciate our customers and always want to offer the best service.

I hope that you decide to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The price was very good and the rooms were nice. You have a choice of smoking and non smoking rooms. Beds were very comfortable and the best part is you could walk to Weeki Wachee since your across the street. Hotel is close to stores as well if you need supplies. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Any room is a good choice
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and that you weren't disappointed. I see you like to travel and appreciate good value, location and cleanliness. We're in the perfect location directly across from Weeki Wachee Springs State Park. Although I do suggest driving across, it's much safer.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Quite a pleasant surprise for a bargain rate! Our family of 5 adults wanted to visit Weeki Wachee. I saw how highly rated the Motel 6 was and we were not disappointed. Everything is clean, up to date and comfortable. The motel is directly across the street from the park.

We can highly recommend this Motel 6. Save your money and stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee. I appreciate your wonderful stay with us and that you were very satisfied with your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spring Hill
Hampton Inn Spring Hill
#3 of 4 in Spring Hill
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brooksville

Been to Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee? Share your experiences!