“Pork tenderloin and Caracole beer made for an awesome dinner”
Review of Nouvelle Cuisine

Nouvelle Cuisine
Ranked #6 of 187 Restaurants in Spring Hill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Pork tenderloin and Caracole beer made for an awesome dinner”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Along with myself, my wife and my parents (who live up the road in Sugarmill Woods) went to Nouvelle Cuisine recently for a holiday dinner. My folks had raved about the place for a good time now, and I was expecting a decent meal. The unassuming restaurant in a non-descript strip mall more than delivered. At the advice of Isabelle, I paired my pork tenderloin with a glass of Caracole Belgian beer; a perfect complement. The pork tenderloin was perfectly cooked and seasoned; as was the sausage appetizer offered that evening. The rest of our table's food: lobster, Dover sole, and shrimp was outstanding and without fail. A fantastic meal, and definitely worth another try whenever we come back to the area.

Hudson, FL
“A Special Evening”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We visited this restaurant with friends on Christmas Eve. There was a special, and somewhat expensive, menu for this holiday. One of the attractions for this Belgian owned restaurant is the large menu of Belgian beers. Our friends usually frequent low to moderately priced chain restaurants, so this was something different for them. They felt everything was worth the price, especially for a special holiday meal.

It can be noisy here, especially if there are large groups seated nearby. The acoustics aren't terrific but the food is excellent. This was our third or fourth visit to Nouvelle Cuisine.
You need reservations here. Often I receive emails from the restaurant stating they will be closed on a certain day for a private event. Often I get this info just a few hours before that will happen. I've decided it's always best to call before going there.

Collingwood, Canada
“Outpost of Delicious Food”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Other than the major cities in Florida, one does not normally think of other areas of Florida as gourmet food locations. Nouvelle Cuisine is the exception. It is an oasis of fine dining. It is an unassuming building in a strip mall in Springhill Florida and is owned and run by a Belgian husband and wife team. The food is French and Belgian with a large number of Belgian beers available. The food was certainly amongst the best we have enjoyed in Florida and compares favorably to that found in the larger centers.
The room is large and somewhat noisy as it was full. Many of the diners were repeat customers. We had onion soup and scallops as starters. Both were delicious as were our mains of duck and lamb. Dessert and cappuccinos were also first class. Wine choices were good and the service was knowledgeable, if somewhat spotty, as they were very busy.
Like all good restaurants, it was expensive, especially by regular Florida standards. However, it was reasonable compared to the equivalent restaurant in any large city. We enjoyed it so much that we plan on returning and recommend it.

brookhaven
“Worth a try!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a good restaurant with very nice owners.
Some of the plates I find on the small side but overall the dining experience is good.
I definitely recommend trying them for a special occasion or date night with the significant other!

• Visited August 2013
“Good (not great) but expensive”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

All right... We have been wanting to try this restaurant for a while. We've heard good things about it. You must have a reservation ( it's not a large place). There was 5 of us and we all ordered something different. It started with bread and butter, and a salad ( no choice of dressings, just the house made ) Each order comes with carrots ( supposed to be very good, but was just cooked carrots) , beans and baked cheesy potatoes. ( Nothing special) My rack of lamb was good. The duck was so fatty it was a waste, the steak was supposed to have been cooked medium but the center was raw. The other dishes were ok. I won't go back. Our meal was over $250 including desert, and we didn't have wine or beer just water and iced tea. If you like too spend money this is the place to go. I wouldn't mind spending the money, but the food has to be absolutely amazing. That is what is missing at this place

• Visited September 2013