“Beware this hotel is the worst I have stayed at in years!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Spring Hill
Orlando, Florida
“Beware this hotel is the worst I have stayed at in years!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I am a business traveler that stays in hotels 200+ nights a year I would NEVER EVER RECOMMEND this hotel in any way -dirty - gross breakfast - horrible staff -

PLEASE BEWARE!!! Save your money!!! You are better off in a tent outside then staying here

Room Tip: DONT STAY HERE no rooms are acceptable
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Eric H
HIEXSPRINGHILL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear,Guest
Please,post entire story of your stay to be honest review.
Hotel has done very thing that can be done and still why you were forced to leave?
Please,accept our apology not meet your demand.

Thanks again for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night, on a spur of the moment, get-out-of-town weekend. We got the last room in the hotel and when we went up to the room, the key wouldn't work. The front desk clerk came up to the room, tried, it failed, she went back down to get new batteries, still wouldn't work. So she did something and got us into the room so we didn't have to continue to wait and then came right back up and worked on the door until everything was in working order. This was at 10:30/11:00pm at night...she was fantastic and worked at this as fast as she could until we were settled. And she had a fantastic attitude, which really made everything better. Will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NoraD813
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

In the area for business and only stayed one night but found it to be a great stay! Eric at check in was very courteous and engaging! He was more than happy to find me a room away from elevators and the main highway and offered great support faxing some documents to my office.
The room was clean and well appointed and the breakfast was the standard, reliable H.I. Express staple.

The fitness center was a little weak, however it did have a couple of treadmills and a cycle.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank robaconk
New York, NY
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed here for three nights when visiting my husband's grandparents at Timber Pines- the location itself is pretty random and I'm not sure why anyone would stay here unless they had family living in the area. I had pretty low expectations at $80/night, but was very pleasantly surprised at all the freebies the hotel provided, including Wi-Fi, breakfast, parking, etc. Our bedroom was large, had a huge king-sized bed, refrigerator and microwave, desk, etc. The bathroom was a good size but they were a little skimpy on the soaps (water pressure was pretty awful too). The Continental breakfast was more than adequate and included pancakes (we LOVED the automatic pancake machine!), bagels/muffins, cinnamon rolls, yoghurt, fruit, oatmeal, scrambled eggs (which were obviously made from instant mix), etc. We really appreciated that the hotel would provide such variety - two thumbs up here.

My only negative observation was the types of people that were staying at the hotel - let's just say I'd never stay at this hotel alone. Not that anything bad ever happened, but the clientele here was definitely more "rough on the edges." (The guy who tried to check in before us was paying in cash and didn't have enough to cover his hotel deposit, so he had to leave - you get my drift.)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caramels03
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights last week and it was wonderful. The room was lovely. The breakfast had a great variety and quality was good., Dawn at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. It was close to Weeki Wachee. A great value. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I am back in the Spring Hill area.

Room Tip: We had a suite. It had a whirlpool tub which we didn't use. Our friends had the basic room a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pepperr L
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've stayed at most of the hotels on this strip for work and stayed here because it had the lowest price at the time. The room was necessarily dirty but it wasn't exactly clean either. The breakfast served was pretty sparse and the food was fairly tasteless. Also the bed pillows were tiny, the smallest I've come accross that weren't throw pillows. I doubt I'd stay here again as there are better alternatives just down the road.

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel away from the street.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear C K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I'm smart enough to know that a Holiday Inn Express is not the Ritz-Carlton and not to judge it by that standard, but apparently not smart enough to make a reservation online. Fortunately, Diane at the desk and manager Mr. Jay were kind enough to fix the problem I created, and they even threw in a discount for my trouble.

As for the hotel itself, it was clean, safe, and quiet. The free breakfast included actual meat, not the stuff (?) you get at that other chain. I don't know anything they could have improved upon, particularly at this price.

Room Tip: Even my room near the lobby was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
#1 of 1 in Weeki Wachee
Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill? Share your experiences!