Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Spring Hill
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our grandson whom is 5 yrs old. The front desk employee treated us like family. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the price very well worth it considering it was cheaper than other hotels in the area. Dont think twice about booking a room here. The Breakfast bar was exceptional and well stocked. Good location too.

Room Tip: is located on a busy street but traffice noise was small
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HIEXSPRINGHILL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear,Ms.Lisa
We were @ your services and glad to know that you had great stay with us.
We appreciated your business and valuable time to share your experience with us.
Please,be our GUEST every time you visit our area in future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill

Reviewed November 6, 2012

When we go to visit my aunt we've always stayed at this Holiday Inn and have never been disappointed. Staff has been freiendly and helpful. Lots of dining options close by too. They have a good sized room for the free breakfast and the food is decent as well

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Guests like you keep us in business & every staff employed so Please come back every time you visit our area.
Our staff, management & all of us can't Thank you in just word but We ALL thank you from our HEART.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here for four nights. Room was good. It was clean and comfortable. The service at the hotel was a different story. HBO was out two of the four nights I was there. The breakfast hostess was lazy. The pancake machine was marked out of order one day and another it was not plugged in. No hot water dispenser in the breakfast area. When I went in the back room to get some, the hostess was reading a book. No yogurt three of the days. Service was spotty. Cookies are only served on weekdays. The two weekdays I was there, there were none available. Eggs tasted like powdered eggs. This is my second visit in eight weeks and had simsr experiences both times. I'll try another hotel next time.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night, while attending a wedding in Hernando Beach. The two rooms we occupied were fine for one night, being spacious and comfortable and clean. My sons complained that their room (211?) backed on to the lift/elevator and this disrupted their sleep.

The free breakfast was good, although the pancake machine was broken when we visited and there was no cream cheese for bagels.

From the website we thought each room had a safe, but that is not the case. The only safe is at reception.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the lift/elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HIEXSPRINGHILL, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear, Guest
First off all our staff GREATLY APPRECIATED for travelling to USA & staying with us.We glad that you choose our area for wedding and we were lucky to have you. WHEN you visit your relatives again, OUR staff be ready to work for you.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel is a little dated with an older 27 inch TV heavy enough to bow the stand it was setting on . The room was large with a microwave and icebox and a table. Had a King bed and a small couch and chair which did not have direct access to the TV which can only be seen from the bed.
A work desk with internet access which seem to work well but the desk chair was in bad shape with the arms of the chair peeling off. The staff was helpful and very nice. The one complaint I might have is that it was hard getting hot water on the third floor where we were staying. The shower tub combo was in good shape as was most of the room, it was very had turning off the shower and took awhile for it to stop dripping but still only minor things. Did not try there free breakfast so I really can not comment on it.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the third floor if you like hot water.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear, Guest
Thank you so much for your recent business and sharing your experience.Your feedback has been discuss with staff .Our staff be at your service when you return to hotel in future.

Thanks again !

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel really needs a face lift. It's very average in every way but the staff was very nice. I wish there were better options in Spring Hill but there just aren't. I've stayed here many times over the past couple years and it always appears clean so that's why I keep coming back plus there's nothing better in the area. I wish they would renovate like so many Holiday Inns and HIE's have. The ac is loud and is either freezing or warm and damp. I stay at a lot of hotels and this one is just ok.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I don't even know where to start with this dump. First off, I arrived and it was 93 degrees outside and I looked forward to a nice dip in the pool they advertised after a 12 hour drive. Unfortunately, I looked out the window and saw that the pool was a deep green algae color. Apparently, it hasn't been in operation for some time. So much for the lies that the website gave me about the pool, eh? (see picture below)
I walked in and went to the check-in desk and there was no one there. There was also no bell and no way of getting service. So, I just called out a "ding" sound and . . . nothing. It took several of those to get someone to assist me.
I got to the room and found that the a/c is the wall kind so it's either on or off. There is no setting a temperature and it automatically turning off when it reaches that temperature. Oh no. It's also really loud, so you either leave it on and freeze all night, or you turn it off and melt. Ugh. Also, the desk is right in front of the a/c unit. So, if you sit in front of it while it's on, you'll be frozen. It's either use the desk and melt or don't use the desk. Also, the chair was all ripped up (see photos below).
Then there was a disgusting smear of what looked like feces on the wall (see picture below). Either they don't clean the rooms, or they just think poop on the walls is decorative?
The water in the shower is cold. I found that at the end of my 20 minute shower, it was JUST STARTING to warm up. I had it turned ALL THE WAY UP to hot and it only just started getting warm at the very end of a cold shower.
The "free" breakfast contained, among other items, dark green bananas. Now, if you aren't familiar with bananas, they ARE NOT RIPE when they are green. So, they put out food you can't even eat. wtf? (see picture below)
Finally, if you like FIRM beds, then you'll love the beds in this place. Don't plop down on the beds and you should definitely avoid falling into them. I felt like I almost cracked a rib. If you're used to any kind of give in a bed, you'll have trouble sleeping on the rock that passes for a mattress at this place.
The TV is from circa 1980 and emits a high-pitched whine when you turn it on. You'll want to turn it off immediately. I had brought an HDMI cable to plug in my laptop, but there was no need for that. This tv was manufactured DECADES before HDMI was invented.
The "high-speed" internet was anything but high-speed. I tried watching some online videos on my laptop PLUGGED IN (that is, not over the wireless) and it was way too choppy to pull that off, so I was pretty much stuck without entertainment.
I tried to think of something good to say about the place and I was going to go with "at least they have HBO," but because of the high-pitched whine from the stone age TV, the TV is unwatchable.
Stay away from this dump.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank davemang
HIEXSPRINGHILL, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for business & sharing your experiences that you had during your stay with us.Your feed back is very important for us to get knowledge of our hotel's conditions as guests.We do apologized for any inconvenience you may have during your stay.
All reviews posted for your past hotel experiences are in negatives,hope in future you will have better experience with other hotels and hope positive reviews be posted by you.
Hotel staff work very hard to make guest's stay very comfortable and enjoyable.

Your feedback greatly appreciated and our promise to all Guests our staff be working harder to make you stay comfortable & enjoyable.

Thanks !

#3 of 4 in Spring Hill
Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill? Share your experiences!