“Suprisingly Good Indian Cuisine”
Review of TAJ Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

TAJ Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stopped by Taj Indian Cuisine this afternoon and tried the lunch buffet. The buffet had a nice variety of main dishes, vegetables, relishes and chutney and all were VERY good. The restaurant is clean and comfortable, the service is good and the prices are reasonable. We plan to return for dinner from the menu in the near future. If you enjoy Indian Cuisine give Taj a try, I think you will agree it is one of those places worth returning too.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

If you live in Spring Hill you know that decent options for dinner outside of texas style steak joints are not common. Taj is a cure for that. Taj is very good bordering excellent. Every meal (about 10 now since it has opened) has satisfied my family and I. I will admit, they can't seem to get their service straightened out for whatever reason..But, with a little patience you will get a fantastic Indian dinner.. Their butter chicken is a must upon an initial visit and probably will get you hooked! I have been to many of the restaurants in Spring Hill and this is one of few that I really feel I get my bang for my buck.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Taj served some excellent food tonight - tasty, spicy and delicious.
Service was spot on.

We arrived around 6pm - seated immediately.
We ordered the Taj appetizer plate while waiting for our friend to arrive.
The chicken tiki and samosa were terrific ... didn't really care for the vegetable pakotar.

Lamb Rogan Josh and Chicken Tikki Masala was fantastic.

So glad the Taj has opened in Brooksville.
May you flourish with great success.
We WILL be back!

1  Thank TeriNick
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We are very excited to have an Indian restaurant FINALLY in the Spring Hill/Brooksville area. It was obvious from the many patrons at lunch today that we are not alone.

Because we wanted to sample a variety of dishes we chose the buffet rather than ordering from the menu. This meant that the food was a lot milder than we might have liked, but we understood this going in. So we were not disappointed.

Everything was tasty and a little spicy. The goat curry and the butter chicken were both very nice. The basmati rice was fluffy and fresh. Cilantro chutney! Yum. The vegetable dishes were delicious. I definitely enjoyed the chana saag and went back for seconds. I don't know what they are called, but there were these marvelous sliced potatoes dipped in a batter and deep fried. We finished the meal with a mango pudding that was a nice consistency with lots of mango chunks.

The place itself is a little plain and very open, with booths lining both walls and tables down the center. The back wall has a long nicely stocked bar. Everything appeared to be spotless, and the servers were fine. No issues at lunch, anyway. We also did not run into a common problem at buffets. The choices were kept well stocked and fresh.

Their extensive menu is available for take out service, and they cater.

I am hopeful that the Taj in Spring Hill will be successful because it is certainly long overdue. I know we will definitely return for lunch and for dinner.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The Tan is very poor in the aspects of service, food & value. Very over priced. A total disaster for a new business.
We arrived approx 7.30pm & did not get our food until 8.45pm !! The glasses were dirty, the water had paricals floating in it. The service was non exsistant.

I must say if your going to open an Indian food restaurant then you need a chef who can cook authentic food from that country. On the subject of opening a restaurant you need staff to serve your customers,I'm sorry to say the Taj has neither & good chef or staff to tend to the customers.

The food was very bland, the Currie I had was very poor, the meat had not been marinated & did not have the correct flavor.

I'm from the UK where Indian food has for many .
years become a staple food for many English people, there are Indian food shops & restaurants in every town & village.
This place will not be open in 2 months unless they revamp everything & cook food worth eating.
Will not return.