“Worst Service”

Red Lobster
Ranked #50 of 187 Restaurants in Spring Hill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I just took my wife and son to this location, hoping to enjoy "Lobster Fest'. The greeter was friendly, and warm in her attitude. I can sincerely state that was the high point of this visit. I ordered the Dueling Lobster Tails which was quite good and prepared as their menu depicts. However, my wife ordered a create your own selection of steak and crab legs which was inedible the crab legs were so dry that they would just flake into strings when she attempted to remove them from the casing. The steak was tough and overdone, apparently medium well is cooked until the meat is reduced to leather. My son ordered the Lobster Lovers Dream: The lobster tails were over done and rubbery the fettuccini with shrimp was under cooked as if the shrimp had just been warmed by the hot pasta and sauce. However, what made me the most unhappy was the poor service we experienced from our server. The restaurant was not busy yet our server seemed to be annoyed when I asked for an extra plate which I had to remind her of after 10 minutes. My empty coke glass sat at the edge of the table for another 20 minutes before I got offered another one. Then I did not receive my refill until right before I asked for the check. This is my second bad experience at this location. There's another one a little further south (further from my home) which does not suffer from this lack of customer service. I guess if I ever get the notion to gamble on whether I want to enjoy a meal or throw my money away I can give that location a try again.

2  Thank MVC113

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Always a good meal and their rolls are delicious. As always the
fish specials are really good. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was by far the best meal we have ever had at a Red Lobster. Lobster being my favorite food. The meal was outstanding and the service was great.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I had, until now, never been to a Red Lobster restaurant. Every time we visit Florida we always seem to miss out. So we made it a point to change that.
We went to the restaurant on Commercial way, Spring Hill.
With all of the advertising etc, we looked forward to something special. How disappointed we were. Don't get me wrong, the food was .......nice, the staff pleasant enough so nothing really was wrong but I can't but help get the feeling that we were .........mugged! but in an unknowing and gentle way.
We got the impression that,although it was not overly busy,the management wanted us in and out as fast as possible,it was literally rush rush rush !!!
The food was.....nice,just nice. It didn't make me stop and think ' wow,this is really good food'. For a specialist in its field, it was disappointing but without anything being wrong. (If that makes sense).
Perhaps our expectations of some really great sea food far outweighed what was possible by this restaurant chain. May be a small independent restaurant would have done wonders with the same ingredients that we had chosen for our food which consisted of lobster tail, scallops and shrimp and a poor steak.
Overall, not a bad experience but neither a great one. We won't be rushing back to Red Lobster. We're going to try that little 'independent' restaurant instead,the one that doesn't mug you.

1  Thank thejonses1
Reviewed May 26, 2013

A few days ago, visited the Red Lobter at Spring Hill, FL. Spouse ordered his favorite, the coconut shrimp and Walt's favorite, baked potato and garden salad and I ordered a limited available Bar Harbor special which was served very impressively in a ceramic oval dish with a covered lid and the ceasar salad. Spouse was pleased as usual with his meal and I was extremely pleased with my meal which had a grilled split Maine lobster tail, mussels, shrimp, and scallops over linguine in a white wine sauce. It was extremely delicious. To top off the great meal, we we experienced perhaps the best server we have ever had at a restaurant. Alice was 100+% on target for pace of the meal, her pleasant helpful personality and a caring attitude. She should be training all servers....but then we would miss out on a great dining experience. After all, great food without the service leaves much to be desired. But currently if you go to the Spring Hill Red Lobster, and you are fortunate enough to get Alice for a server and food that equaled what we experienced, you are in for a delightful dining experience.