“What a plate of food”
Review of Papa's Place - CLOSED

Papa's Place
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I ordered a breakfast that was one of the most expensive on the menu (8.95). A HUGE omlette. I don't know if I've ever seen such a plate of food. I'm a big man, who loves to eat. They beat me. I simply could not eat it all. In addition to being large, it was good.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We discovered this little place about a year ago and have been there many, many times. The breakfasts were tasty, a good size, and certainly reasonably priced. We have been there for lunch and dinner, too and I would say only one dinner wasn't good. In the past couple of months, however, something has changed. The staff seems unhappy. One of them is always grumping to another about something (usually a co-worker). Do they not know that the customers can hear them? If it were only one time, we could say it was an off day but it seemed to be every time. One server even yelled at a customer across the restaurant!
Maybe patrons, like us, are voting with their feet. This place that used to be packed for breakfast and lunch was completely empty at noon last week. We have stopped going and, instead drive a short distance up the road to another establishment with equally good food and friendly staff! Imagine! It costs a little bit more but well worth it for a pleasant experience.

1  Thank Cathy S
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went for lunch and had the all you can eat fish fry. comes with home fries and small portion of slaw 6.95.
Was cooked well, service nice.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

It's a small restaurant, very cozy. We have had breakfast, lunch and dinner there on several occasions. Food is always delicious, plentiful and the wait staff is great. Prices are very reasonable. It has become a favorite dining spot.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This reminds me of the breakfast places we would go to as a kid. It is not fancy, but it is very homey and inviting, and I had the best chicken-fried steak and biscuits and gravy here I've ever had. In fact, it was so good, we went back a second time during my trip. My sister had the all-you-can-eat fish fry, which, as other reviewers have said, is a good deal. The fish was fresh tasting and perfectly fried. As you can tell, this isn't the place to go if you're on a diet. Since the portions are large, the prices are very reasonable, there were a lot of retirees lingering over their meals, so we had to wait for a table. Also, the servers were friendly and efficient. Note that we had breakfast and lunch here and did not try the Italian food. I would highly recommend stopping here if you're visiting area attractions, especially over the many fast food restaurants in the area.