“The Boston Cooker”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Good food, a great place fot seafood and excelent friendly service, making you feel at home, recomend it for any one who like's eating seafood.

There are newer reviews for The Boston Cooker

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I visited this place last month with family members for a combo birthday and anniversary celebration. I hadn't been there for a few years and at first was surprised to see how empty it was. Originally you had to make a reservation and even then there was a wait time. After getting our meal I can see why the place was empty. First we had a long wait between courses in spite of the lack of customers. Second the french fries and fried clams we ordered were soggy and bland. They've changed tartar sauce and not for the better. The flavor of dill was so overpowering I couldn't eat it. I'm from New England and I know what this stuff is suppose to taste like and I've actually never had a dill flavored tartar sauce before. The buns that we always loved for their fresh yeasty flavor suffered from an overpowering citrus flavor. When I mentioned this place to my cousin she said she went there last year expecting to get the same food as they serve in the Oldsmar location and was sadly disappointed. I will not be returning.

1  Thank resmartchoice
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I went there with about 23 ladies. The service was excellent. No one had to ask for anything b ecause the wait staff was right on the ball, filling water and iced tea, bringing more rolls and butter. They did a geat job of serving 24 people at the same time, Everyone's food came out at the same time. They had some good specials and everyone enjoyed the food.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Though a little pricey, it is worth the extra for a special occasion. The bread and salads are good too. Treat yourself to some of their wonderful fish varieties which are not found other places.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Nothing to write home about. The place is decent; not fancy at all, even though the lights were low and the live music was a nice touch. Looks like an old, converted Village Inn. They were advertising a lobster special, $14.99 for 1.25# and $21.99 for 1.5#. My husband ordered the smaller but after we finished our appetizer was advised that they were out. The manager offered $3 off the larger lobster, which he took and was very pleased. I ordered the Neptune Casserole and was very disappointed. It wasn't bad, but it was a very small portion for $18.99 and was overpowered by seasoned breadcrumbs. The service was good. I'll give the place another shot since my husband was pleased with the lobster.