“very good food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cara Mia Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Description: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Spring-Hill/Cara-Mia-Italian-Restaurant/202607573922?v=box_3&ref=ts&__a=13&ajaxpipe=1
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We enjoyed sausage and peppers, veal parm, and chicken. Salad was freshly made with good ingredients. Incl wine tax and tip cost was $74 for 3 people. Very pleased.

2  Thank 886,886

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Went a few times when it first opened but haven't been back in several months since Salute Italian Restaurant opened. While it used to be a challenge to get a Friday night reservation, we had no problem at the last minute this time. I now know why.

Upon arriving, there was one other table occupied but that seemed to overwhelm the waitress. After getting appetizers delivered before getting our drinks, the waitress finally arrived with the wrong drinks. A little while later she delivered the wrong food to another table. After finally getting our food, it was as good as before but great food and lousy service equals no more trips back to Cara Mia.

It was obvious tonight that the restaurant is struggling and trying to keep staff cost down. That, however, will also keep business down. Too bad because the food ids good.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

I saw all of the great reviews for this restaurant on Trip Advisor and wondered how such a good Italian place would be in Spring Hill. Well here's another great review. The service was friendly and the waitress knew the menu well. The Italian bread is topnotch, hot, lightly crusty and with great balance. The fried calamari was excellent and the fresh mozzarella and tomato starter was great but beware the fresh garlic! The chicken parmesan and veal marsala were great and their tomato sauce is sophisticated. I got part of the answer to how this place does it. The chef/owner's father owned a well-regarded Italian restaurant in an Italian District of Bronx, NY and this clearly serves the same fare, New York quality in Spring Hill! I'm still not certain why it's here, but I would't miss it if I'm in this part of Florida.

Reviewed June 8, 2011

This is the fourth time I have written a review for this restaurant and none of the previous three have been passed on to the readers. I feel so strong on how this place is above and beyond other Italian restaurants in this area, I must continue to get my experience out to those interested in a exceptional dining experience. Three of us different meals and all of us were marveled how good the food was. It was presented in manner that belies the expectation. I have definitely made this a must go to restaurant when ever I in Spring Hill Fl. Do yourself a favor, try it, I know you will be pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank BrassButtons
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Found this restaurant on phone and it had two favorable reviews and no unfavorable ones, so we decided to give it a go. When we arrived, it appeared closed, but I went to the door and it opened so I called my wife and father-in-law in. Upon entering we were very impressed. The restaurant was extremely clean, cloth napkins (like brand new) with tables set pleasingly. The menu was a generous variety of starters and entrees. We each ordered different entrees and were extremely happy with our dining experience. My wife had a cannoli and it was one of the tastiest, freshest cannoli's she ever had. This restaurant is Spring Hills hidden gem. It is exceedingly the best surprise you will ever experience.