Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Spring Hill
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I am a Hampton Inn regluar and opt to stay at Microtel as it was closer to the springs. I am so glad I did. The accomodations were just as good and I save a bunch of money staying here instead. The staff were very nice and the room exceptional clean.

All that being said, don't let them get you for the $1.50 for the use of the safe. If you don't tell them you did not use it at check out, then they will automatically charge you for it. It is in the fine print, which I think the Owners should reconsider as it is precieved by me and others I am sure as being a bit underhanded.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PortStJohnFirewood

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was an affordable clean place to stay with a friendly staff. However, we were provided with a room on the third floor which happens to be the "smokers" floor. Why any hotel would still allow smoking in its facility is a discussion for another place. We were not informed of this fact until my wife and four kids had completely unpacked all our stuff right next to the room occupied by what I can only assume was the Marlboro man and his wife Virgina Slim. The staff offered to let us move but with all the luggage, cribs etc. it was more trouble than it was worth. Just give people a heads up upon checking in. I will defiantly stay at a Microtel in the future.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd Floor if you are bothered by smoking
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Michaelr5343
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The staff at the reception were extremely pleasant and helpful. The hotel was clean and breakfast spread was good. Jodie (when she is on duty) is always keeping the breakfast dining area clean - a plus point. The hotel is within walking distance (20mins) to Target, Publix and a number of restaurants that serve steak, bbq, muffins, fried chicken etc . It is also possible to walk to the nearby Weeki Wachi, though it may take about 45mins. It is about 2 hours drive to Disneyland.
The room is generally clean and bright, so it was easy to read - a plus point. The only problem that I face is the noise from the air conditioning that can get quite noisy and irritable. The walls as commented by other guests are quite thin. The free wifi is another plus point.

Room Tip: suites would be better as they come with a sofa, microwave and small fridge
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My one-night stay stretched to five nights when my 96 year-old father was taken to the hospital with pneumonia. The staff extended my stay without a problem, and the manager inquired about my dad's condition on a daily basis. At a tough time for me, it certainly was reassuring to return to a comfortable room and caring staff each evening.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank William T
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was the first time we stayed at a Microtel Inn. I just want to say that Jodie needs a raise, I have never had anyone as nice and helpful as she was. I give this Hotel a 10 and to keep up the good work and please keep Jodie.

Room Tip: Do not get on the first floor, you can hear everthing above you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank iva d
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

This was our first stay at any Microtel and we were very happy with our stay. The hotel was clean, breakfast was nice, there was plenty to do in the surrounding area, the pool was clean, and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank ourfloridatrip
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect from a Microtel, this was my first. Honestly, it was one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed at. The trick to not having your air condition cycle all night and keep you awake is to put it as cold as it will go and it will never turn off :) ....Continental breakfast was just that and nothing more, but, filled us up and we were all good till lunch. The pool was smaller but was just what the kids (8-12) needed. Would definately return.

Room Tip: The doors slam closed no matter where you are. Sorry for no good advise :(
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
#3 of 4 in Spring Hill
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brooksville

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee? Share your experiences!