“I heard this place changed hands since we were here last.”
Review of Bayport Inn

Bayport Inn
Ranked #10 of 199 Restaurants in Spring Hill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We will consider trying this fishhouse/bar again now that I hear they have new owners and they fixed the place up. Used to have some pretty good rock bands there on weekends. We will try them again on a weekend for fun and food.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I had heard a lot about the grouper at Bayport Inn, so she had to try it, being the fish eater in the family. We sat inside because it was too hot in Mid February to sit outside by the canal.
The bar features two-for-one drink specials most of the day and many other specials for Happy Hour (4 - 7 PM). They offer a full menu, but it is mostly, of course, bar food. The fish was excellent according to my wife and the soup I had was a very tasty clam chowder. They offer all-you-can-eat fish almost all the time. The surrounding tables were eating wings, gator bites (real alligator, Folks!) and various other appetizing-looking dishes. Service was friendly and helpful and the over-all relaxed dining experience was pleasant and satisfying. There is seating for well over 50 people, probably closer to a hundred, but the tables are spread out inside and out, in different areas and rooms. The outdoor patio has been redone since last year and the place is looking more modern as time passes. A meal for two and a couple of beers should be under $30.

1  Thank comicmanrod
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Good food and great prices. Fish meals are the specialty,I happen to be allergic to iodine and cannot eat them so I use the "other items" on the menu. All are great and my husband LOVES the fish fingers.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Came here with a group. Had heard how great it was and the outside deck did have a beautiful view. The entrance was very confusing...was not clear where to enter. After going in, the place was disjointed and dated. However, our server, Lisa was excellent! Couldn't say that for the food...ordered a few appetizers. Ordered the fried mushrooms...hot but a few commented that they couldn't find the mushrooms, only breaking. Cheddar jalapeños were ok for being fried frozen food. The hummus was the only dish that was fresh and delicious! As for dinners, the steamed oysters were a shriveled mess!! Small and no taste! Would not order them again! I was told the Cajun prime rib was good as well as the macaroni and cheese entree. Overall, it was ok...quite a let down.

1  Thank Rwally
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is the first place I ate at when I moved to Florida and I will always go there.The best seafood ever.Thier Friday night fish fry is awesome,all you can eat.Whenever family or friends come here to visit us,we take them to Bayport.Everyone we've taken there loves it.