“it is what it is”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Fun place to go in the morning (noonish if you are cuban) in South Miami for a very authentic cuban experience. Cafe con leche, pastilitos, at the walk up counter/bar. Nice outdoor seating. As far as cuban food goes its is nothing special for Miami, and has gone a bit down hill as of late. But for out of town, worth a stop by, if not just for the experience. On the weekends they have a Salsa band and its great to watch the locals tear it up.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I ordered 6 fritas for my family who had a craving....... Never again will I order anything nor go to Larios! They were awful, not edible at all. First red flag was they came with 2 slices of American bread! The taste of the meat was not fit for my dogs, the fries were soggy. Bad choice . Then when I called to complain the waitress Marcia had a attitude and said "that's the way they are made" And tried to justify the situation! Then I really knew I had made the wrong choice in restaurants! I'll stick to El Mago de las Fritas next time They were closed that day!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Casa Larios used to be our favorite Cuban food restaurant. Chic, classic, fun, with good, reasonable priced food and good service. Over the past few month all of that has gone downhill faster than Lindsey Vonn and it makes us very sad because we were so fond of the place and the nice, hard working people that helped it become a local tradition. I am not even talking about an occasional mishap, which ANY restaurant can have. We have gone to lunch at Larios three or four times a week for years. Lately, the food comes to the tables already cold, the plantains are NEVER ripe, the rice is burnt, the beef dishes have unacceptable amounts of fat, you can smell the fish dishes from one table to another, even a grilled chicken breast fillet came with the porous, burnt skin still attached. The servers do their best, returning the dishes to the kitchen upon request, but it shouldn't have to take a customer returning something for SOMEONE, ANYBODY! to notice these things. To their defense I have to add, the desserts have not suffered the same sad fate and continue to be some of the most delicious anywhere. We decided last week to stop going to Larios for good, then we ran into some friends that used to go there all the time too. They confessed they also stop going to Larios after one of them got sick from a fish dish. My message to the ownership: ITS NOT TOO LATE, FIX THIS BEFORE IT IS!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Casa Larios is always good, has plenty of tables inside or outside on the covered patio. We live in South Miami and often take visitors here for a tasty Cuban meal; better food than other Cuban restaurants. Service is friendly, and they don't mind if you linger a while. Prices reasonable. Only drawback, sometimes the general crowd noise is too loud, happy diners with raised voices and it is hard to converse. Popular with families and large groups. Bar and live music later some evenings

Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you want to listen and dance to a great "Live Band Show", this is then the place.
The Band starts around 9:30 pm untill 12pm. They play so good that you have to stand up and dance to.
The food is ok and it could be better.
I dislike the Salad because the herbs used are the chepeast on the market, and the fish I asked was very dry to my taste.
They could serve more fresh food rather than heating the plates or frying the frozen ones like the cuban sweet plantains or tostones.
But it is a good place to enjoy cuban food along with a Live Band!. The location of the restaurant is great by the way and they also have valet parking at an affordable fee and great service provided.