WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Casa Larios - CLOSED

Casa Larios
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Cuban, Caribbean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Florida
“Great place to get your Cuban food fix, for a great price too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I've been to this restaurant for the past three years every time I visit Miami. I've been for lunch and dinner on a weekend. Dinner on a weekend was very interesting and loud. They have a live band with Latin music which was very nice if you're looking for a place to dine for cheap while enjoying the "show". We had dinner in the terrace that night so we could actually have a conversation. I've also had lunch and the food has been consistently good. The prices are very reasonable, including the $ on the dinner menu. If you want a great mojito, try it here! Beware though, they are strong! Not the whimpy kind from other "American" bars. I've tried different plates from Ropa vieja, to Picadillo, the Fried Chicken or Port chunks and a sandwich. All very good! Great for family or a date. Parking is a bit tight and Valet seems to be the way to go, not expensive, but you'll have to pay a few bucks for it. Traffic to the place can be a problem depending on the time of day you go.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Terrible Restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

First of all, this is not Gloria Estefan's "Larios". This is "Casa Lario's", nothing to do with Gloria. This is probably one of the few reasons people vist this place. The only other good thing about the place is the location and the atmosphere of the general area. They have outdoor seating which is nice. Beyond that the place is horrible. I'm Cuban and a local and I've probably eaten in most Cuban restaurants in this town and this by far has been the worst. I ordered the breaded steak, this is one of my favorites. The steak had so much grease on it I could not eat it. I'm not much for returning food to the kitchen cause I figure if you couldn't get it right the first time you probably won't get it right the second time either. So I just took off the breading and ate the steak without it. My wife ordered a croqueta preparada sandwich and it looked like it was on a diet (weak). My kids had palomilla steak with fries. Fries were also very greasy couldn't let them eat them. All of our food was bad not just one dish. Service, terrible. Food took extremely long. When the food finally arrived we questioned the waiter about the sandwich on slim fast and he casually responed with an "it is what it is" attitude. When they were not actually serving the customers they would all group together in the back giggling with each other. I felt like I was bothering my waiter by calling him from the group to serve me more water. Bad experience won't be going back to this place again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Had Shrimp its great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

1st time for a cuban restaurant, language was not great since none of us speek cuban, but food was good

Visited January 2012
Miami
“I go there for breakfast.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Nice atmosphere and great breakfast. Good price. They have their own parking

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Alefandro
Comins, Michigan
“Classic cuban... best mojitos around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was introduced to Larios during a business event but have since gone back on personal and subsequent business travel. Someone once told me they had the best mojito's and I truly can not disagree. The skirt steak is classic, always cooked perfectly. Perfect paired with the plantanes.

Visited September 2011