“Run Far AWAY!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Billings, Montana
“Run Far AWAY!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We booked this hotel in a package with Expedia. I checked out the reviews and read that generally it wasn't a great hotel but was OK for one night. Not looking for anything special, it seemed like that would work. The price included free wifi (SUPER SLOW AND NOT IN THE ROOM), free airport shuttle (STOPS AT 10 PM AND OUR FLIGHT CAME IN AT MIDNIGHT), free continental breakfast (This breakfast consisted literally of coffee, cheerios, a couple (as in maybe three total) pieces of fruit.)
The kicker though was the rooms. Our linens were riddled with cigarette burns, the bathtub had pubic hair, we were given 2 towels for four people and the windows were screwed shut. Our cousins' room had mold on the walls, blood on the bedskirt and the water didn't stop running.
My first clue should have been the contract which said we would be charged for a whole night even if we only used the room for 10 minutes or less! RED FLAG!!!! ... or maybe the two prostitutes in the lobby could have been another clue. Take my advice and don't believe the hype!

Room Tip: don't have expectations
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank CarpeDiemMT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and I have stayed in 5 star resorts in various locations...when I travel personally I do not require much and usually go for the regular or low fair hotels so I have stayed at both ends of the spectrum.

Granted this place needs to be updated and some serious Reno money invested, but at the same time the general location is not a tourist oriented so may never "boom".

This hotel provided exactly what I paid for a clean room, clean bathroom and bed. Granted it is older so it does not have the fresh new look but if you judge it for what it is and what it costs it's well worthy of at least a 4 star.

The only reason I wouldn't give it five stars (again based on what I paid) is that I had to pay to park in their garage and the continental breakfasts was...very basic.

Other than that clean pool, clean rooms and awesomely nice staff.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Anthony S
Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Just returned from a three day weekend in Miami. The staff at the hotel were some of the most helpful I have ever I encountered. I wanted to set up a tour for Saturday. Alexis, one of the night staff, spent over 30 minutes with me reviewing the tour options, helping select a tour and then printed out my itinerary. The next morning, the manager, Israel, walked me the 1 & 1/2 blocks to the Metro so I could take the train to catch the tour. Both staff asked how the tour was and showed genuine interest.
The best Miami Hotel is near the U of M campus and a huge hospital. There are fun places to eat near by. Having such close access to the Metro train you can get almost anywhere quickly.
This is a great and inexpensive hidden gem in South Miami.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 Thank Gena47
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

If all you need to do is spend the night and not shower than it's okay in a pinch but the parking lot smelled like urine and felt unsafe at night. It is close to Coral Gables. I felt like Jack Nicholson was going to peep out around the corner...it was very spooky, deserted and dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Dawn D

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

It is the worst hotel in the city of Miami....rust everywhere....the non smoking rooms smell like smoke and mold....the ac was turned up to 50 degrees and it felt like it was in Alaska and it is done to mask the odor of the growing mold...don't think you will rest well because you will feel the springs and hear them all night....everything was old and you can tell the rooms are not maintained....the breakfast is corn flakes and milk, apples, orange, muffin and orange juice. There was blood on the front door of the building where we checked in...I called to have an iron put in my room since there was none and was told to come pick it up from the front desk and I asked to have to send up and got a grunt instead of a yes mam....not professional..don't be fooled by the hotels name because its the complete opposite...they should be ashamed and to add to this the parking is not free$8, its in a raggedy location...and you get charged $2 per night for a safe even if you don't use it....IF YOU HAVE COMMON SENSE DONT STAY HERE....if there are any good reviews its the hotel staff writing it because everyone around us said the same.also you can hear everything on both sides of the room and upstairs and the hallway...so if you want to sleep ..yeah right

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Mari S
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My night started with the hotel shuttle taking over an hour to pick me up from the airport. To checking into a disgusting room that was dirty and rust just about everywhere. The light bulbs in half of the lamps in the room were blown out. The comforter on the bed was stained. The bathroom floor was black the toilet seat had some sticky stuff on it. I called and complained they put me in another room which had rust on the ceiling and doorway of the bathroom but the bathroom was a little bit cleaner. As I'm trying to sleep I hear that the toilet keeps running and then around 11pm I hear this dripping sound the AC brakes! Water starts dripping from the ceiling. Again, I call the front desk and complain and again they said the can move to another room. By this time I had it and it was late I had to get up at 5:30am I didn't want to move again. I also didn't care for the location of the hotel. It didn't feel safe to go out after dark. If you can afford to spend a few extra bucks stay at another hotel. Thank god I was only staying for one night!

• Stayed June 2014
Quality Inn South at the Falls
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport

Been to Rodeway Inn South Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!