Rodeway Inn South Miami - Coral Gables
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Boston, Massachusetts
“Angry”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel was the most disgusting place I have ever been to. There was mold growing on the curtains, the faucet was leaking, there was rust all over the vents, the bathtub was all stained and there was what looked like blood on the floor. After inspecting the room we checked out right away. When we told the man at the desk and he did not seem surprised at all. He would not offer us a refund and Orbitz wouldn't either. Do not stay there and do not book through Orbitz if you are unsure if you really want to stay at a place or not.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank pat h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Meriden, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night March 15 2014. We chose it because it was about $90 when all others were $135 plus. The Hotel was in process of renovation. New paint and room also had new flooring as well. The pool area is also in need of some cosmetic help. There is a beautiful fountain/waterfall attached to pool that would be beautiful, however it is non functioning and very run down. The locks on the pool gates were broken as well. Now I take on good faith these issues may be on list for more renovations. There was a weird mildew smell in lobby and it was being tended to with small fans on the floor. The front desk was nice enough to allow us to store our bags as we arrived several hours before check in 3pm. It is within walking distance to a very nice area with restaurants and an outdoor mall with stores and an AMC 24 movie theater. Cab ride away from other attractions and Miami Airport.
In all perfect for a very affordable night stay.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Port of Spain, Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Thank god i only stayed here for 1 night. Highlights were:

1. Shipped a few packages that i bought on Amazon to the hotel, when I got there 2 of the 4 packages were provided. The guy at front desk was not helpful in locating the other 2 packages which were infact received by the hotel but they forgot to make note of if. After 30 minues back and forth they found the other 2 packages.

2. Called for a shuttle service to the airport the night i arrived and the shuttle service told me its policy to have the hotel call. So I asked the guy at the front desk to call and he refused. By the time he finally agreed all shuttles were booked resulting in me having to incurr additional cost of a cab.

3. Roaches in the elevator

1 Thank anthony z

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a cheap place to stay for one night while we had a nice dinner for our anniversary. Our room was $80 plus you pay $10 for parking (which was very confusing at first and I felt like the man at the front desk was not being clear at all and kinda rude when I kept asking him where we were supposed to go). We should have had one king bed but we got two full . Mattresses are lumpy and stained...just warning! No wifi either:( I was not going to let those little things get to me but one thing happened that really just made the experience frustrating. Our room was located right next to the cleaning staff area and at 5:30am-6:30am they were arguing in spanish very loudly and seemed to have no consideration for their guests. And to top it off my hubby was not too pleased to see a roach perching on the mirror either:/
On the front of the hotel their is a sign reading "Best kept secret in Miami" and we were joking it needs to stay the best kept secret. Overall, you get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

At first, I was going to write a review and say "Never stay here." I had to change rooms 3 times due to them putting me in a smoking room when I asked for non smoking. I will be truthful and say that this hotel has seen better days. The rooms are old and outdated, beds are not the most comfortable and I didn't receive wi-fi in my room. I shared my room with 3 other friends as we were in Miami for a mutual friend's wedding.
We began to notice that it seemed as though people were actually living in their hotel rooms.
We thought maybe it was some sort of half way house?
It came to my attention during my final day at the hotel.....right before check out that Yes, people do live at the hotel. Why? Because the hospital is right next to the hotel and people are living at the hotel because they are receiving long term medical treatment or they have a loved one receiving long term medical treatment. I met a very kind woman who said she stays there every time her son has facial reconstruction surgery due to a car accident.
There was my change of heart. When I realized why people were living at the hotel I thanked my lucky stars that I wasn't in their position.
So what, the breakfast wasn't the best, the bath towels were limited and the wi-fi didn't work. We were within walking distance to a wonderful mall with a lovely french bakery and an amazing Irish pub. Einstein Bagels was across the street and the metro line was 2 blocks away.
The front desk clerk was one of the most nicest men I have ever met. His name was Gilberto and he went out of his way to make our stay as comfortable as possible.
If you do decide to stay here, you'll survive, it's not as bad as most of the reviews.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jae B
AUS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Not close to cruise port, dirty, wifi is only in lobby, airport shuttles run very few times. It is residential for a lot of older people and they do food drops there in the afternoon. We heard a staff member being extremely rude to an elderly man.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica M
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I booked this hotel for 3 nights in Miami. The pool was small and I was disappointed when I could not get any extra towels. We had to chase down the house keepers to get some. The hotel had no ice whatsoever or any ice machines that worked in the whole hotel. There was very little to the continental breakfast; two or three pieces of fruit, one choice of juice and a bowl of one choice of cereal and a couple mini muffins.
I understand it's Florida, but would somebody please speak english!
This is it decent hotel f your just looking for a clean nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Miami
Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
Quality Inn South at the Falls
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport

Been to Rodeway Inn South Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!