“Call before you book(if you can find the phone number)”

Rodeway Inn South Miami - Coral Gables
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Reviewed December 14, 2013

One of my problems with this hotel is that you are forced to pay $2 for a safety deposit box in the room and they then tax that $2. After that we find out that the shuttle to the airport was only available from 8 am till 9pm. If this does not work for your flight then you pay $25-$27 for a taxi. There is no way to print boarding passes, even though there is a huge printer at the desk. To cap it all off, the management has an "oh well" attitude. Next time just choose a hotel that has airport at the end. That way you have a hotel shuttle to the airport regardless of flight time and the cost of the room is about the same. Never again will I book here.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
6  Thank Luther J

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I understand "you get what you pay for" but no wonder this hotel has a no refund policy. If not they would have to let you stay for free, and charge you to leave, to stay in business. Shower ceiling was falling in, wall paper coming of the wall, tv was awful,and front desk staff are very unfriendly. Took 45 minutes to an hour to be picked up at the airport. When I called to make sure I was in the right place was told "they on their way you just wait". Don't use the safe. Put your things in and the battery dies, then it is stuck in there. They should take that 2.00 they charge and buy several new battery. Bad mistake. ....

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank mikehanson10
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We needed an inexpensive place to stay for a night while in Miami south. They do offer a FREE shuttle to and from the hotel, which is good, however we waited at the airport after flying in for almost an hour. In addition on the way back to the air port it was again almost an hour late making us rush for a flight. You get what you pay for I suppose. We also asked the front desk to call us a cab to get to the Miami heat game. After waiting 45mins and still no cab we ended up walking up to a near by busy street and hailing one ourselves. The men at the front desk are rude and not helpful at all. However the room was comfortable so it depends what your looking for.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Morgan O
Reviewed November 5, 2013

NQR = not quite right. We needed an inexpensive place for the night and were thrilled to find "Best" Mia Hotel online for $50! We were assured that this price included parking & breakfast and also that there was a restaurant in the hotel. When we arrived they charged us $8 for parking and extra for a safe in the room. We told the FD clerk that we didn't need a safe, he said you have to pay anyway. The room had thick mold around the A/C unit, the bedspread had holes, the bathtub didn't have a stopper ...Since I had looked forward to a bath, I asked the housekeeper (very little english) to find me a plug or something I could use. She was sweet and tried to contact management who said didn't have any. No apologies, no effort to solve any of the problems we reported. "We just work here and have no fault..."Breakfast is not worth to be mentioned and the restaurant was closed do to renovation. And now the good news. The location is great and the lobby and courtyard had still a little charm from way before corporate interests took away any positive guest service experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank erijoel
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I never write reviews, but after reading all of the reviews, I figured I would. Everyone is saying that it is terrible, not worth it, blah blah blah. My husband and I read the reviews after purchasing our reservation, and the reviews scared me so much that I brought 2 sleeping bags for us to sleep on the bed in, and we treated it like we were camping. It made it worth the price, especially since we were coming in late and leaving in the morning. We didn't smell mildew like the other reviews were saying, and we were kind to the people that worked there, and they were nice back to us! After reading the reviews, I payed cash only at the hotel, which made us feel more secure as well. It did help me realize how blessed I am to live where I live. I was pleased for the most part. :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is the first time a write a review for a hotel. I expected to be bad because the price is cheap. But it was extremely expensive for what it was.
1- The place is not easy to find. I had to call for directions because I could not find the place, although I was less than two blocks from it. I had to wait close to fifty rings before the guy answered. He told me very fast to take a right, then a right, then a right and then a left. When I asked him to be more specific, he told he was too busy and hang up the phone. Since I had pre paid the room I had no choice, but to keep looking.
The check in was extremely slow. Then I was told I had to pay $2.00 for the safety box regardless if I used it or not. That was not specify in the reservation.
When you go to park the car you have to call the front desk from the entrance to the parking lot so they can open the gate. Again I had to wait about three minutes before the guy from the front desk would answer the phone.
I had to unplug the refrigerator because it was extremely noise. The alarm clock did not work.

Room Tip: I will never stay in this hotel again.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank fairguy69
Reviewed October 18, 2013

But for this hotel you should. The guy at the front desk said he wouldn't stay here and said we should have read the reviews. We booked a room for four but only had enough towels for two, when we asked for more we were old that the hotel was out of towels and there wouldn't be anymore for 5 days. The shuttle was the best part of the hotel, the driver was nice and even stopped us at the liquor store on the way back from the mall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Quality Inn South at the Falls
Urbanica The Meridian Hotel
Urbanica The Meridian Hotel
#1 of 212 in Miami Beach

Been to Rodeway Inn South Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!