“It wasn't as bad as all of the reviews are saying”

Rodeway Inn South Miami - Coral Gables
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I never write reviews, but after reading all of the reviews, I figured I would. Everyone is saying that it is terrible, not worth it, blah blah blah. My husband and I read the reviews after purchasing our reservation, and the reviews scared me so much that I brought 2 sleeping bags for us to sleep on the bed in, and we treated it like we were camping. It made it worth the price, especially since we were coming in late and leaving in the morning. We didn't smell mildew like the other reviews were saying, and we were kind to the people that worked there, and they were nice back to us! After reading the reviews, I payed cash only at the hotel, which made us feel more secure as well. It did help me realize how blessed I am to live where I live. I was pleased for the most part. :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is the first time a write a review for a hotel. I expected to be bad because the price is cheap. But it was extremely expensive for what it was.
1- The place is not easy to find. I had to call for directions because I could not find the place, although I was less than two blocks from it. I had to wait close to fifty rings before the guy answered. He told me very fast to take a right, then a right, then a right and then a left. When I asked him to be more specific, he told he was too busy and hang up the phone. Since I had pre paid the room I had no choice, but to keep looking.
The check in was extremely slow. Then I was told I had to pay $2.00 for the safety box regardless if I used it or not. That was not specify in the reservation.
When you go to park the car you have to call the front desk from the entrance to the parking lot so they can open the gate. Again I had to wait about three minutes before the guy from the front desk would answer the phone.
I had to unplug the refrigerator because it was extremely noise. The alarm clock did not work.

Room Tip: I will never stay in this hotel again.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank fairguy69
Reviewed October 18, 2013

But for this hotel you should. The guy at the front desk said he wouldn't stay here and said we should have read the reviews. We booked a room for four but only had enough towels for two, when we asked for more we were old that the hotel was out of towels and there wouldn't be anymore for 5 days. The shuttle was the best part of the hotel, the driver was nice and even stopped us at the liquor store on the way back from the mall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mstwinmommy
Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you are looking for a place to sleep, on a tight budget, and really - really don't mind how comfortable and clean a place is then this isn't a terrible choice. The other positive is that it is very close to the metrorail station that quickly gets you to dadeland mall/station if you don't have a vehicle.

Having said that, the bed and pillows reaked of sweat and BO and were obviously very old. The windows didn't lock and one had a huge crack in it. There was leaking water from the AC vent in the roof. The main elevator and ice machine didn't work (and only the elevator had a sign that said so). The breakfast leaves something to be desired. No Wifi. And the in-room safe that you have to pay for whether you like it or not. I could go on. I thought the customer service was ok.

They say you get what you pay for but i think you should get more for your money in this case.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 45Ace
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Mold on the windows, no TV channel card/paper, no wake up calls, front desk doesn't speak English, no restaurants or bar. Floor in bathroom was disgusting! No frills--that's what you get when you go cheap! Never again! Hotel shuttle took 1 & 1/2 hours to pick us up--typing paper taped in a van. They charge you for a hotel safe--can't opt out.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank outdorzgurl
Reviewed September 4, 2013

we have stayed here a few times only because it is close to hospitals and a tight budget, to be fair the hotel has seen better days and is in real need of updating. Our rooms have varied between being run down and dismal to clean and comfortable, there seems to be no constant. the breakfast is not very good, there is usually a fridge in the room some do not work, wi fi is only available in public areas and there are no coffee makers in any room we stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Horrible hotel, dirty, poor of breakfast and the worst....the enter our room and stole cash, whatchand credir cards...while we were sleeping! And then, the receptionist said it wasn t his falut and thay don t have any insurance...
DONT GO THEEEEEEERE!!!!!

Quality Inn South at the Falls
Urbanica The Meridian Hotel
Urbanica The Meridian Hotel
#1 of 212 in Miami Beach

Been to Rodeway Inn South Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!