“The worst!”

Rodeway Inn South Miami - Coral Gables
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I can only say AMEN to the other one star reviews. Took us more than an hour to check in and there were several non-specified add-on charges that could not be declined, terrible service, surly manager, smelly room and poor breakfast. DON'T DO IT!

Room Tip: Every room we could see looked awful
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob_and_Karen123

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This place is terrible. The service was horrible! Miscellaneous charges were unexpected and not necessary. Room smelled so bad that nose was burning the entire stay. The TV was a dinosaur and was plugged into to outlet that lost power when you turned off the light switch. Breakfast was ridiculous and scarce. PLEASE DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING AT THIS HOMELESS SHELTER, oops I meant hotel, the homeless shelter may have been a better choice.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Vbryant70
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Don't even think about staying here. Bed was Horrible, mattress should have been thrown away. they didn't clean my room the first day. then they didn't have towels when asked for them. When I first walked into the room it felt like 50 degrees, went to turn on heat.. HA LOL They didn't have heat. yes, NO Heat.. Guy at the front desk told me "next time stay at another hotel" Breakfast was a joke, don't bother.. The floors were a fake wood, cold. I can go on, Just Find something different. U were Warned..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maria O
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Rude front desk peolpe.
Advertised features in some webbsites like hotel.com that when asked about in the hotel they confirm to you that it was a lie and nobody would do anything about to fix it.
The rooms are dirty, with balls of dust in every corner.
Breakfast is a joke: they serve coffee, milk and bagles. And thats it!
When asked for directions at the nearest police station the policewoman that helped me asked where I was staying and I told her that I was at this hotel, she told me to get all the important things that I had and take it with me and leave nothing on the bedroom!
The day after that I found my room door opened when getting back to the hotel after a day away, nothing was stolen, but that is probably because I was carrying with me every valuable thing that I had.

This was my first and last time in this hotel, and I would not recomend it even for the people I hate!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank vperdigao
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Location is great & that's the ONLY compliment I can pay to this establishment. Location is convenient to U of M & Baptist Hospital. We asked to check in at 2 something, seeking a rest for a child who was undergoing extensive medical testing. We were abruptly told check in was 3:00 & they couldn't possibly make an exception. We returned about 5;30 to complete chaos at the front desk, A single employee, phone ringing off the hook, and a line of waiting guests. Our room was pitiful, the couch completely missing from the room! Coffee table which on the net is pictured in front of the sofa was pushed against the wall.This was a "king suite". There was NO bathtub stopper or tissues in the bath room. Chipped tub, peeling wall paper, One towel, one wash cloth. We were a party of 3! Called the front desk to ask where the couch was & to ask for towels, washcloths & pillows. We were placed on hold where I remained for more then 20 minutes. No one ever picked up. Breakfast was disgusting & shouldn't be advertised at all. My 9 year old described them as the waxy, gross kind of fruit loops. There is NO info or services list of any kind in the room. TV channels, ice machine location, guest services, fire escape plan...nothing. Pool had the potential to be a nice area. Tiki bar however is CLOSED, pool chairs are in a sad state, no ashtrays (yet smoking was permitted there) NO towels, bring the ONE & only from your room. Bed was completely worn, pick a side, either side, you know the kind you roll right off of! Completely visible to the person who makes the bed daily. 205 needs a new mattress! On check out the following morning the rude man which I assume was the manager (no names or tags) was asked in English for an early check in. He was abruptly told "NO" just as we were the previous day. Then the man re-addressed the front desk person in Spanish. Miraculously, they exchanged pleasantries & he received his room 4 1/2 hours before 3pm check-in! Too bad manager didn't realize, Yo comprende todo! With a few easy fixes and a new staff it could be very decent. The only bright spot was the poor lovely young girl who was left alone in the evening. She was courteous & did her best as she was inundated with a hotel full of guests & little help or room necessities She should go elsewhere where her skills are not wasted in vain! My advice STAY ELSEWHERE!

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Despite the name, this hotel is as far as best as it can be. Rooms are ok if you want just a place to sleep, but nothing else. The rooms have a safe that sometimes doesn't work and you have to ask the staff for repair. The staff is nice and helpful but the place it's not a big deal. They have a car to come and get you from the airport but last time the car was broken and we had to take a cab. Breakfast is horrible. Wi-fi works only in the hall. In the bright side, location is very good (you can find many restaurants and shops close enough) and is very cheap. Go there only if you don't expect any luxury and if you want a cheap choice. Otherwise, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Friedman0784
Reviewed January 2, 2013

our 2 laptops and a tablet was stolen from this hotel. The hotel staff was completely uncooperative. The cops told that the hotel staff is involved in it since they have got many such cases from this hotel. They charge 10 dollar for parking in their so called gated parking garage - but they have no camera there or in the lobby. All they tell this is you should use the safe given in the room (for which u pay an extra 2 dollar) which is a tiny piece of crap which doesn't even work. The cop even told us that we should inform priceline to black list this hotel.Its a horrible hotel!!!
stay away

Miami Marriott Dadeland
#71 of 127 in Miami
2 mi away
Courtyard Miami Dadeland

Been to Rodeway Inn South Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!