“Great food if you like sushi buffets--its better to go when it first opens”

Kyojin Japanese Buffet
Ranked #9 of 87 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I've been coming here for years. The atmosphere is nice, with a fountain. I do not think the quality has changed as some other reviews mentioned but i think its better to go early when it opens, rather than towards the end. The service is just ok, but its a buffet, its not a 5 star restaurant. If you love sushi rolls, sashimi, udon soup, or chinese food, its a great deal for lunch in Miami. The desserts are good, too, if you have room, though they are not really authentic except for the bean or green tea ice cream. They do have chocolate fondue fountain though. If you like being waited on hand/food, then I would stay away from all buffets.

There are newer reviews for Kyojin Japanese Buffet

Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is a wonderful place to take guys who like to eat and who might be such discriminating sushi eaters. While the quality is fine, it is not what you would want if you were at a great sushi restaurant. Nonetheless, it is good food at a good price which is borne out by the volume of people going there for lunch and dinner. My teens love it.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

My family enjoys trying the Japanese buffets and my brother suggested we go to Kyojin to celebrate his birthday. We were 8 adults and 4 kids on a Sunday night. The buffet itself looked very inviting, the sushi was good and fresh the seafood assortment was also good. The oysters were large and fresh and the crab legs very generous. The stir fry and hot food stations had a good variety as well. The most disappointing thing was the horrible service we received. It was like begging for service. But I guess since the tip was automatically added for the large party they just did not care. We had to flag them down to get anything. Water glasses were only filled once, plates were not retrieved so they just piled up. Too bad as I won't be returning. Go to Shinju instead Mamasan there treats you like family..

2  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I revisited (from last season) the Kyojin in South Miami during out visit to in December 2011. It did not disappoint. We went for a late lunch. This huge all you can eat buffet with a wide selection of fresh sushi being made constantly in front of your eyes by capable sushi chefs was delicious. The cold buffet of shrimp, mussels and a variety of salads were excellent. Hot dishes galore. I especially enjoy the grilled calamari and for dessert the green tea ice cream. You can't go away hungry and weekend nights the snow crabs are out as well. A big hit for snow crab eaters - large and meaty! Enjoy!

1  Thank HLynn30
Reviewed October 27, 2011

The Sashimi was fresh, the Sushi rice very well prepared, clams, squid and langostinos just right. The hot plates like "fungui" and tepans, delicious. Worth going.

1  Thank D'Arrigo