“Good pizza place in US1 and Sunset Dr”
Review of Blu Pizza

Blu Pizza
Ranked #17 of 88 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Miami Springs, Florida
“Good pizza place in US1 and Sunset Dr”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Good pizza, excellent service, specially with kids, they bring the drink in plastic cups with lids on, they warn parents about knives ...and food was good. Worth visiting it!

Visited August 2013

“Roaches on my food!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Do not eat here I had a roach on my plate, manager didn't even came to apologize! Horrible experience

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Dayi1281
Miami, Florida
“Average Food - Bad Business Practices”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ok food is good and service was decent. However, at time of payment restaurant was dishonest and would not honor Deal Saver coupon we tendered 6/21/2013 stating it was already used based on a handwritten notation on a printed list of their coupons.

Had purchased 3 Deal Saver coupons through Miami Herald Deal Saver--2 in a Feb 2013 offer (one was a gift for my sister) and 1 in a March 2013 offer. My sister used her gift one in Apr 2013.

Tried to use the 2nd Feb purchase on 6/21/2013. Was told by manager it was used already and we had to pay full price for meal or use 3rd one (Mar 2013 purchase).

Showed manager coupons on iPhone from account showing 3 purchased and 2 remaining. Manager he did not care. Manager demanded I email him remaining 2 coupons--Feb and Mar 2013--which I did.

So I didn't get the $30 worth of food for $15, which is what each coupon represented.

Manager had handwritten list where both Feb 2013 purchased coupons were checked off by handwritten notation when I had only patronized the restaurant 1 time prior to 6/21/2013. March 2013 coupon was not notated on the printed list as tendered.

Contacted Miami Herald Deal Saver rep and was told that none of the 3 coupons purchased for Blu were entered into their computer tracking system as used by the restaurant.

You would think the customer is always right. What a disappointment as the manager was arguing with us in front of the entire restaurant that we were wrong and he was right--outrageous.

Will never patronize this restaurant again. Obviously Blu practices bait and switch tactics.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Hartee H
Kendall, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good Resturant, South Miami Gem”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The ambiance, food, staff were all amazing! The portions are shareable. It is right off of US1. I haven't had such good food in miami for the price for a while.

• Visited February 2013
Antigua, Guatemala
“Little Italy in South Miami”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had lunch here recently with local friends. It was thoroughly delightful and having just arrived from the cold north, it was a treat to be seated 'al fresco' so that I could people watch too. Yes, you can order a good burger here but the Italian fare is not to be missed with its luscious little pizzas, paninis and carpaccio. We started with Burrata con Prosciutto, an appetizer plate of fresh cheese, prosciutto and olives. My lunch companions ordered a tantalizing pizza while I chose the panino con prosciutto with fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil. Staff was efficient and courteous. Perfect little lunch stop.

• Visited January 2013