“Great for Happy Hour” 4 of 5 bubbles

Deli Lane Cafe
Ranked #9 of 84 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
“Great for Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Deli Lane has a $1 and $2 menu for happy hour from 4:00 PM to 7:00PM.
Went right after 5:00PM, while waiting for my daughter and ordered the cheese sticks and house Chardonnay, but there is plenty to order from that menu.
It was a rainy day and it was not busy, but the servers were very approachable and friendly.

Will visit again. I liked it.

• Visited January 2014

“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Food and Price are balanced. I enjoy being able to sit outside, but at the same time stay fresh. I have eaten here for many years and don't mind coming back for many more.

Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very popular and reasonably priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have eaten here three times and while the food is good the service seemed inconsistent. On the second visit we went for happy hour and although the card on the table said $1 and $2 snacks were available with the purchase of a drink or soft drink, even though I ordered a beer for myself and a coke for my daughter our waitress said we were only entitled to buy one snack because we only had one "drink." I don't know why she did not consider the soft drink valid because obviously a child cannot buy an alcoholic beverage. If there was a problem with the soft drink she should have specified we needed to buy another type. But she was rather snippy so I did not challenge her. We had planned to buy several drinks and several rounds of snacks, but due to her attitude we didn't linger. The first time and third times we went service was better, but this was not during a happy hour. The wraps are good and the personal pizzas are excellent. Deli Lane is very popular with families with kids and offers a really nice sidewalk eating area or indoor, air conditioning. Apparently there is also an area with pool tables, so you can also take advantage of this. We will go back, but hope we get a nicer waitress.

• Visited September 2013
Sarasota, FL
“Horrible service, less than average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

After ordering coffee and juice, we waited for 10 minutes before seeing our server again. We finally got our drinks and then one by one, the fruit bowl came out, then my daughter's bagel, then 30 minutes later when I asked them to cancel my ONE scrambled egg order with side of hash, they showed up with cold food explaining that the bagels are made by the servers and the food comes from the kitchen. When I stated that generally two people who order breakfast together want to eat at the same time, they shrugged their shoulders. I sent the food back and had it taken off the bill. We won't go back. There are too many other great places to eat then to waste your time here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mlsearles
Miami, Florida
“Food is ok place not that clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

The food is ok here, edible but not spectacular. Really nothing special.

However, the place is not that clean as the floor was dirty and their bathrooms disgusting.

Can't figure out how they attract such a crowd. I have eaten here over the years when friends insist and nothing has changed as to cleanliness.

• Visited July 2013