“A little bit of France in South Miami”
Review of Cafe Pastis

Cafe Pastis
Ranked #5 of 87 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: French, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a small family owned restaurant in South Miami with an excellent menu and fabulous food cooked home style. It has all the charm of a Parisian bistro, and a wonderful place to enjoy a bit of France in the Miami urban area.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Had Lunch today with a friend and I'm glad I got there early. 10 minutes after they had a line. Which is not hard because is a small place. I had a French onion soup and a salad. Both delicious!!! The cheese on top of the soup was very good quality and the goat cheese and honey salad was superb!!! My friend had a spinach salad with salmon. It looked very fresh, next time I'm going to try it. The serviced was perfect, the waitress was very nice and professional. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had dinner with some family I hadn't seen in years and had a wonderful meal. Bouillabaisse was superb and my husbands steak was "the best I've had in years." Excellent wine and apple tart.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

An energetic and happy staff work hard and produce a good product for the customers to enjoy in some what cramped conditions.

My lunch and dinner experiences have all been good.

I am from England and I realized that the staff were a fun and eclectic group - some from France and others from South America. We are in the year 2013 and who cares where the staff are from apart from some pig headed pretentious customers that demand that everyone working in THEIR French Restaurant have the requisite French accents.

The menu is compact, but with food for all.

Well done Pastis you do a great job and I expect you to sit on my favorites list for a long time.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a great little restaurant. It is located in a small community strip mall, has outdoor seating as well as indoor, and is your quintessential cafe. Largely frequented by locals, always full for both lunch and dinner.

The food is always very good, service is great. The owner is French, a pleasant fellow that is there, and personally over sees the restaurant.

The menu is limited, as far as not a million different things, which in my view guarantees that what they cook, they know, and do a great job at it.

Great traditional French cooking with a definitive home made style. Reminds me of the small french village cafes, that are a treat to eat in, and always serve up good local fare.

Last time there I had the French Onion soup to start with, an oldie but goodie. We were a group of 4 and everybody loved their food.

Very accessible prices, with sophisticated french fare..

Enjoy it...