“Petite, but nice little vibe to it.”
Review of Cafe Pastis

Cafe Pastis
Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: French, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2013

An energetic and happy staff work hard and produce a good product for the customers to enjoy in some what cramped conditions.

My lunch and dinner experiences have all been good.

I am from England and I realized that the staff were a fun and eclectic group - some from France and others from South America. We are in the year 2013 and who cares where the staff are from apart from some pig headed pretentious customers that demand that everyone working in THEIR French Restaurant have the requisite French accents.

The menu is compact, but with food for all.

Well done Pastis you do a great job and I expect you to sit on my favorites list for a long time.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a great little restaurant. It is located in a small community strip mall, has outdoor seating as well as indoor, and is your quintessential cafe. Largely frequented by locals, always full for both lunch and dinner.

The food is always very good, service is great. The owner is French, a pleasant fellow that is there, and personally over sees the restaurant.

The menu is limited, as far as not a million different things, which in my view guarantees that what they cook, they know, and do a great job at it.

Great traditional French cooking with a definitive home made style. Reminds me of the small french village cafes, that are a treat to eat in, and always serve up good local fare.

Last time there I had the French Onion soup to start with, an oldie but goodie. We were a group of 4 and everybody loved their food.

Very accessible prices, with sophisticated french fare..

Enjoy it...

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Cramped and narrow uncomfortable hole in the wall
Poorly trained staff
Pretends to be French
I am French so I know a fake accent when I hear one
Staff could not respond to menu questions in French or English
Slow service
No atmosphere
Better good a chocolate fashion

2  Thank Sagamore123
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Lunch was a treat! Our waitress was super friendly and helpful. Our sandwiches were wonderful. I had the portobello with cheese on a baguette which was very flavorful, accompanied by a fresh green salad. My companion had the snapper sandwich which was very tasty and onion soup which was wonderful. There are many other very appealing menu items that will need to be tried in the future..

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The food is exquisite, very French. Friendly service. Wine list is superb.
The lamb was excellent. The grouper and chicken with couscous were delicious. Large selection of desserts. Can't wait to return.