“Go again? Mais oui!!!”

Cuisines: French, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My father-in-law suggested we try Cafe Pastis, so we took him with us when we did. All three of us ordered something different, and each dish was very good. The dish that put this place over the top, especially for my husband, was the onion soup. It had everything you'd expect, but was perfectly balanced. So often, onion soup is way too salty, not this one. Hubby was in heaven. The waitress was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu. Will we be back? Absolu'mon! My only criticism is the tightness of the tables, but it's a tiny space, so there is little they could do about it. It's not something that would put me off going again...soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I am a local. When we want to eat French food we come here. You can't go wrong. Their quiche is phenomenal. I personally love it. The only bad thing about it is that everyone else does too and it's usually quite full esp during lunch. Their French onion soup is to die for. Desserts are all great too.

1  Thank C M
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Average, acceptable, not the best French food I town but OK. Meat is OK, chicken terrible, wine very average.

1  Thank ApplePie2007
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a wonderful little French cafe, cramped, crowded and delicious. The Onion Soup is exceptional with a rich broth. Possibly the best I've ever had. The croque Monsieur is rich with butter, ham and melted cheese. The venue is tiny and very crowded and you are squeezed in, but I go for the food, not the ambiance.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just last eve I enjoyed the most amazing meal of escargot prepared with garlic basil butter and crusty French bread for endless dipping..and the house mesclun salad..followed by truly delicious braised duck legs confit prepared with a fig and black currant sauce...wow...I can't wait to return again and again..the service was gracious and this is a great bistro...can't wait to return for a heaping bowl of steamed mussels in white wine, with French fries, (as a friend ordered) and I look forward to it bringing back memories of same meal enjoyed a year ago in France...the only reason I rated it a 4 for value is because the prices are as expected rather than better than expected... Unless there are some special price menus that I missed...