“Great Italian Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: US-1 / SUNSET DR.
Description: Italian tradition teaches us that sharing a meal can bring out the best in people. Hearts are warmed, burdens are lifted, and friendships are deepened. Contemplate bring catered to the best Italian fare in town in a modern Italian ambience hosted by a friendly knowledgeable staff.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our son moved to this area and we wanted a great restaurant to celebrate his successes. We looked at a lot of menus until we found this one!
http://www.trattoria-sole.com/ordereze/Menu/39/Menus.aspx The menu had something for everyone. We had such a great experience that we went there two days in a row.
Since I have allergies things have to be made with certain ingredients. They were all so eager to make the food anyway we would like it. I had Zuppa di Mare ($21.95)
Stew prepared with clams, mussels, shrimps, calamari, fish, white wine and garlic sauce that was incredible. (I ordered it both times) One of my kids had two different sushi's that she loved. My husband had Ravioli Di Zucca Con Asparagi (Pumpkin ravioli, asparagus, pink vodka sauce with salmon) that he keeps talking about and tonight he had Tortelloni Aji de Gallina ($16.95)
(Handmade tortelloni stuffed with pulled chicken mousse, walnuts, yellow pepper) that he also loved. My son wanted salmon but liked Fettuccine al Ragu ($15.95)
(GF Home made fettuccini with angus beef ragu, mushrooms, pink vodka sauce). They did the dish with salmon instead. The desserts were also great! Ricotta cheese cake that he can't find in many places.
Food, service, atmosphere were great!! I agree that the wait staff were very attentive and knowledgeable about menu.
What a great find! You won't be disappointed. Heard it is extremely busy during lunch- Stays open until at least 10:30 pm-

2  Thank chbz54
There are newer reviews for Trattoria Sole

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I used to travel often to Miami 15-20 years ago this was our go to favorite restaurant run and managed by its italian owner who was very nice. It was a quaint corner restaurant excellent italian dishes.
Now it has doubled in size, menu has become a twist if italian/seafood/sushi place. The food was average.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The service here was outstanding. The wait staff were very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. I cannot eat anything with wheat/gluten and they were VERY GF-Friendly. The fodd was amazing. I had 2 appetizers: the Pulpo al Olivo (octopus with kalamata olive spread and bean salad), and the chicken Cauda. Both were delicious and big enough to be called small entrees! This restaurant is a little bit on the pricey side ($26 for 2 appetizers). We sat outside because it was FREEZING inside and we didn't have sweaters. The ambience inside was modern but rustic. Sidewalk tables were cozy and covered from the elements (it poured while we were there, thanks to Hurricane Sandy). I will definitely come back here when I'm in Miami next!

3  Thank sanczar
Reviewed November 5, 2012

One of the best restaurants in South Miami, excellent attention and incredible food. Try their Tuna Carpaccio, the best we have had in a long time, and all specials of the day are sumptious and very well prepared. They have a full and well stocked bar. Their Gnocchis al Pesto, incredible. It is a very first class dining experience in a nice setting, very well decorated, without overdoing it.

3  Thank Andres v
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Nice authentic Italian dishes, many from family recipes.
Not your typical Italian restaurant.
Usually good service except at super peak periods.

2  Thank Courtt1