“Really Good” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
Sushi Maki
Ranked #34 of 74 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Spreading the joy of what great sushi should be: delicious, responsibly sourced ingredients, creative and tasty combinations and an experience you want to have again and again.
Sicklerville, New Jersey
“Really Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

As we walked along, we weren't certain what we wanted to eat. But, when passing and looking at the different sushi dishes people were enjoying on the outdoor patio - we couldn't resist! Very fresh. Service could have been faster - but it was very busy. We would return at our next visit.

Visited January 2014

Southport, North Carolina
“Great Thai - Great prices - Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Connie was a nice, polite, efficient waitress. No wait for a table.

I got the Thai Red Curry Chicken. I thought it was excellent! (I have eaten some really good Thai elsewhere, i.e., Tampa, and this was among the best.) It was twice the amount I was able to eat (for $12.95). It was so good that I nearly was unable to stop eating, though.

Saw what's written below about their sushi. I will try it for myself and see how it goes.

All in all, a great experience. Highly recommend for their Thai.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Miami, Florida
“Our sushi was drowned in sauce and missing pieces”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I are looking for a sushi place to call home. Sadly this is not it. The service was average but I was disappointed by the food.
I ordered the "crunch" roll. It was FIVE pieces. This is a portion size for someone that has already had a feast, not a meal in itself. I have been to dozens of sushi places and this was by far the smallest serving. The pieces notwithstanding were enjoyable, but I found the volcano roll sauce made it MUCH better. (Keep reading)

My boyfriend ordered the volcano roll. He got 8 pieces, but the roll was covered in at least 3 oz of the mayo-based sauce. He spent a solid five minutes moving globs of mayo off of the roll so that the roll was visible to the naked eye. Any flavor of the roll was overpowered by the sauce, so it basically tasted like rice textured mayo.

It was a $40 meal for two rolls and unsweet tea. Sorry Sushi Maki, you are not the place for me.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank msmit549
Miami
“Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Casual sushi establishment with various locations in South Florida. Generally no wait for a table at lunch or dinner.

Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida
“disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I didn't like the place very much. The sashimi was too tick for my taste. The menu has variety, but nothing special or much different, that are things that I like when I go to a Japanese restaurant.

Visited September 2013