“Our sushi was drowned in sauce and missing pieces”
Review of Sushi Maki

Sushi Maki
Ranked #24 of 88 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Spreading the joy of what great sushi should be: delicious, responsibly sourced ingredients, creative and tasty combinations and an experience you want to have again and again.
Miami, Florida
“Our sushi was drowned in sauce and missing pieces”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I are looking for a sushi place to call home. Sadly this is not it. The service was average but I was disappointed by the food.
I ordered the "crunch" roll. It was FIVE pieces. This is a portion size for someone that has already had a feast, not a meal in itself. I have been to dozens of sushi places and this was by far the smallest serving. The pieces notwithstanding were enjoyable, but I found the volcano roll sauce made it MUCH better. (Keep reading)

My boyfriend ordered the volcano roll. He got 8 pieces, but the roll was covered in at least 3 oz of the mayo-based sauce. He spent a solid five minutes moving globs of mayo off of the roll so that the roll was visible to the naked eye. Any flavor of the roll was overpowered by the sauce, so it basically tasted like rice textured mayo.

It was a $40 meal for two rolls and unsweet tea. Sorry Sushi Maki, you are not the place for me.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank msmit549

Miami
“Sushi”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Casual sushi establishment with various locations in South Florida. Generally no wait for a table at lunch or dinner.

Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida
“disappointing”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I didn't like the place very much. The sashimi was too tick for my taste. The menu has variety, but nothing special or much different, that are things that I like when I go to a Japanese restaurant.

Visited September 2013
Miami
“Our "go to" sushi restaurant”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

You can't go wrong here! We have eaten here on several occasions and have never been disappointed. You can't go wrong with the value of their lunch bento box! Tons of variety & always good. For a limited time they have a "white hot Heat" roll that I highly recommend. It's not too spicy, just right!

• Visited May 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Great for newbies!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was expecting a normal sushi restaurant, but instead got a very cool take on sushi. If you have any sushi virgin friends that refuse to eat raw fish, this is the place to take them. There are so many different types of rolls that I've never seen before, all sounded delicious. In the end I went with Godzilla Gone Wild (spicy tune, crab, eel, shrimp tempura, green tea soba noodles, spicy eel sauce).

• Visited March 2013