“Classy, Authentic Sushi Experience.”

Akashi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 88 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Classy, Authentic Sushi Experience.”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The intimate, cafe-like atmosphere of Akashi is perfect for a date. If you sit at the bar, you'll enjoy an up-close view of the impressive saltwater reef aquarium visible throughout the restaurant. Service was friendly and quick, the menu was not too big but not too small, and I found exactly what I wanted. For a small, late dinner I had an order of warm, crispy and silky age tofu, a crunchy grilled-tasting salmon skin handroll an order of hamachi, and a small bottle of warm sake. Perfect. Let's face it, if you just want to eat sushi, you can get a decent roll and a bag of frozen edamame from your local grocery store these days. If you're looking for a high quality, fun, Japanese restaurant experience that is contemporary yet traditional, Akashi is it.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank greendoe

Miami
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I love going there. It's small but really fresh And delicious. I usually do takeout

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Alefandro
san diego, ca
“good sushi”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

nice greeters and the sushi was good. a little too dark inside

Visited November 2011
1 Thank iwantmymoneyback1
Miami Beach, Florida
“ONE OF MY FAVORITE RESTAURANTS!”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The restaurant is located right on the corner of U.S. 1 & S.W. 71st ST. There is metered parking diagonally across the restaurant or you can park at the Sunset mall parking garage at the end of the street. The restaurant is very quaint. It gets crowded very easily, especially during the weekend, but the wait is worth it. They do take reservations.

Looking at the place from outside you wouldn't think anything of it, but once inside, it feels like you're eating at a sushi restaurant in Japan. The interior is dark with bamboo glass panels along one wall, there's a large fish tank behind the sushi bar it's light illuminating the back area & small tables lined along each wall & down the center. You really can't hear the traffic coming from U.S. 1. The only noise you will get will be from your fellow "foodies".

The food is amazing. I've had many dishes here & I have no complaints. I recommend the Dragon roll, Alex #2 roll, Volcano (spicy), Kani-su, or the pan fried tilapia. The sushi is very fresh and tasty. I think the only downside you may experience is with the servers. I guess because the place is so small & gets quite busy they are always in a rush & not as attentive as other places. They are not mean nor do they rush you and when I've asked for their opinion they give it but do keep in mind they will be darting back & forth. Either way, I always go back for the amazing food! Hope you have a good experience as I've always had.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank MERZ33
Miami, Florida
“It was a great mistake”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We walk in looking for Raw another Sushi place around the area but when we talk in it was nice an quit and we were happily greeted at the door and I look at my girl friend ans said what the hell lets go in. Amazing service all smiles and the sushi was nice and fresh. I love it there felt like we were not in Miami any more.

• Visited July 2011