“Pan y vino…Salud!”
Review of Barceloneta - CLOSED

Barceloneta
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If by any chance you like Spanish tapas, wine and good food in general, then you'll love this place. We walked in this place for lunch while a local carnival was in progress right on the corner, so you know how pack it was. We ordered like six different tapas like: gambas al ajillo (shrimp in garlic heaven), vieiras (scallops), my favorite finger-licking fried calamari served with squid ink sauce, some great, great goat cheese stuffed small pimientos, and off course a delicious bottle of a "Malaga - Jorge Ordones" wine. The plates are all done by young chefs, so you'll find a new style of the old favorites like patatas bravas, but nevertheless very tasty.
No complains whatsoever with the service, everyone pitch in. If I must ad my critics I would say that the place still needs to work on the ambiance. Nice work done with the wine boxes, but a bit more Spanish tradition IMHO, would add to the Spanish flavor.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This little Spanish restaurant was a pleasant surprise. Having experienced most of the other dining experiences in the area we found this one to be particularly special. Well designed with an authentic feel you get transformed out of the typically mundane with great ambiance, excellent tapas and attentive service. Truly a wonderful place for a quick bite or relaxed dining experience and THE best croquettes in South Florida.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went while visiting my brother and was thoroughly under impressed. my brother's wife had remembered a good meal last time she was there but the croquette with jam on was unbelievably starchy, the squid was only passable and the confit of duck was over salty. Cocktails weren't mixed so my first sip was neat gin. The restaurant was busy but the attention to detail was missing and I certainly wouldn't be rushing back.

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Good quality ingredients. Portions are a bit small and the service can improve. Good was well prepared and we would go back.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The restaurant was great, food was amazing, the wine selections to die for. I was in Wine heaven. Their tapas are OMG!! I'm drewling just thinking about them. Specially the Scallops!! Seafood Rice - yum! Great staff! On the expensive side of things but worth every penney. :)