“Great dinner”
Review of Carrabba's Italian Grill - CLOSED

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went to dinner with the family. The kids dinners were really good. The kids ravioli was excellent and my daughter ordered a second plate. All the adult meals that we ordered were fresh and tasted great.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I came along with a couple of friends for a weekday birthday diner. So it didn’t have to be fancy. For a Monday night and with plenty of table available, we waited for about fifteen minutes until we were taken to our table. The booth was uncomfortable and the seating surface tore a bit. We asked for a regular table and they quickly obliged. On Mondays, -even though is not in the menu-, they shave ten bucks off the price of the wine bottles. We ordered a couple bottles of Il Borro 2009, a decent wine with dark cherries, mocha, spices, new leather and espresso emerging from the nuanced, enticing bouquet. This blend possesses striking depth and richness supported by firm tannins. It is listed for $60 at the restaurant, once it is reduced by ten bucks; it is a great deal for a wine that sells for around $30 at wine stores. My only complaint would be that this wine needs breathing and when we asked for a decanter, we were told they do not carry them… ???....we ordered bruschetta and fried calamari. The topping of the day for the bruschetta was a nice mix of tomato, pesto and mozzarella. Very tasty. The fried calamari found to be overly battered, thus hiding a bit the seafood flavor. But the chunky marinara sauce was good. We ordered two Chicken Bryan, grilled chicken breast perfectly cooked and topped with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and a basil lemon butter sauce, with a side of baby carrots. It was delicious. My wife ordered the Chicken Marsala, which was equally tasteful. And another pasta dish, that I didn’t care to pay attention to. The four of us spent approx. $25 per without including the wine, for four main and two appetizers, which is a tad overpriced for a chain restaurant, but the chicken Bryan was worth it.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Very good place. Delicious food too. The brushetta is to die for. Very good service and appetizers. The shrimp and garlic is delicious and the pizzas are very scrumptious too. Good environment too. The only problem is the parking, but other than that, Carrabas is awesome

1  Thank SpencerFlannagan
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I know, I know... Carrabas is a chain! I am almost embarrassed to admit to my foodie friends...
but when I bring them there, they agree with my obsession. Parking is sometimes a pain, because it is South Miami; but the moment I walk in there it's famiglia! Everyone is so nice. The ambiance is just fine for a casual dinner. They have great house wine by the glass, a full bar.
For starters I get the bruschetta (which waiters mispronounce as "broosheta", and peeves me!
IT'S "BRUSKETAH" people! We are speaking italian in an italian restaurant!) anyway, the bruschetta is out of this world: freshly toasted bread with garlic and olive oil, with a side of freshly chopped tomato and basil, yum! The chopped salad is out of this world. For an entree I either get the Chicken Bryan or the Spiedino di Mare; never disappoints. For dessert, the Tiramisu. I've going there for years and I NEVER been disappointed. The prices are fair. Don't be a snob, try it!

1  Thank SUBTROPICALZONE
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We fancied an Italian meal whilst in miami and found this restaurant which wasn't too far from our hotel. The atmosphere of the restaurant was really nice and the food was very good. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and this was some of the nicest food we had had since being out here.