“Bring a megaphone for conversation,earplugs for peace.”
Review of Town Kitchen & Bar

Town Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #16 of 87 Restaurants in South Miami
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2012

a very nice modern upscale decor with a NY feel but don't go there if you intend to relax over a meal or talk among friends. Typical of a lot of these place today is competition for noise. If the crowd doesn't have enough then Hey I have an idea..let's blast the music to drown them out.

Practice hand signals or sign to be able to order even though the person is right next to you. Another thing, they must have telepathy because by the time you placed it, out it comes.

The food is average Bar+ food, not very expensive, not enough good to make me want to return. I would stop and sit outside for a drink or coffee if I could get over the cigars wafting in the humidity...didn't anyone tell them about Cancer, oh yeah you don't inhale..how about your tongue, never mind you stink.

We had Barcelona Mussels..nice name, have no idea why, a few crumbs of Chorizo doesn't make me see Gaudi... I did taste bland and not a sight of bread nor a cracker but who would want to dip in that anyway? The side house salad was good but Publix serves that.The person next to me ordered a diner salad, it was just a side house salad times two. They have a good selection though.

The service was good and the place is very clean. It caters to the under 30 crowd or I 'm in my forties but you don't know that... "like my $400 jeans? ...where's the valet, two blocks is too far for me to walk.."

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Went there with another couple around 9:30 and ate at the bar. The pasta dish was outstanding and the ambiance was vibrant.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

A group had planned to go out together and when I looked up this restaurant I was excited by the menu/website. All the parking in the area is pay parking, but there’s plenty available and a muni lot about two blocks away if looking for cheap parking. We were a group of seven and the table would have been more appropriate for six, but it was a busy night, a Thursday. There weren’t enough menus, so we passed around and shared. The server was constantly rushed and after ordering our first drinks we had to ask for them to be brought out when they came back for our orders. We were able to wave a different server down at one point to ask for a second round of drink after appetizers, but otherwise we were never asked about refills. I was having a cocktail, which came overflowing with ice and 3/4rds full of liquid.

We ordered appetizers and entrees and the same time since they were rushed. My wife and I had gotten a Mediterranean platter. It was completely bland. The hummus and baba ganoush was pasty, with no hint of garlic, tahini or herbs. It tasted like chickpea/eggplant puree with cheap olive oil. The naan was cold and could have been out of a package. I had gotten the Barcelona mussels and out of the maybe two dozen mussels six were closed and dead and should have never been severed. My wife had a fish dish that was rubbery, bland and overcooked. I would have complained on the spot about the mussels, but by the time the server came back to the table our checks were in hand and I was ready to go.

There’s enough other restaurants in the area to try I’d never return to this restaurant

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We had an idea tonight to go to town for a change, so we did and had mussels italian style for appetizer , very bland and no flavor even in the broth.. Then the waiter recommended us the Scallops over spare rib sauteed risotto, well scallops were ok and the risotto tasted like undercooked rice in cheese whiz,,, My husband had snapper that was undercooked. We never complain but this was a hundred dollar meal and it should have been stellar and was not even average. I would stick to lunch or burgers... not full meals.. It just does not have what it takes.. waiter was sweet and wine was good

Reviewed March 16, 2012

The setting is very nice, and contemporary. A very good first impression. Service was crisp, in fact, much better than most high end spots in the city. The waiter anticipated nicely, was pleasant, and made excellent recommendations. The food was superb! Salads, mussels, the fries are FANTASTIC, and definitely go for the house dessert ... a pudding that makes for a perfect evening!