WINNER WONDERLAND

Whisk
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunset Drive & 74th Street
Description: Whisk Gourmet provides homestyle food using fresh, local, and organic ingredients. Come try Chef Brendan"s contemporary American cuisine with Lo'Country influence. We welcome reservations for parties of 6 or more only. All other guests will be seated on a first come first serve basis.
Castro Valley, California
“try the fried chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Their fried chicken with smashed potatoes and green beans was excellent. The chicken was crispy and delicious. The smashed potatoes with bacon bits and green onions were creamy. The green beans were served with a honey sauce that was so yummy. Their fried green tomatoes were also good. My picky daughter loved their smashed potatoes, too.

Visited May 2014

Thousand Oaks, California
“This is NOT what I asked for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

There were 3 of us for lunch on a Monday and the restaurant was not busy.My husband asked for some bread to eat while we waited for our entrees, but that never did come out. I asked for a filet mignon with only salt and pepper on it--but it came out with a brown sauce and I had to send it back. The sliders my husband ordered were just OK. My brother's order came out fine and he was able to take half of it home for dinner. So, try the brussel sprouts with cheese!

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Susan L
GA
“I like it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

We saw this on Triple D and wanted to give it a try. Had the Turkey, Apple, Bacon Sndwh (does not come w/ anything on side-I ended up eating chips the other person didn't want), Whole Fried Snapper, chicken fingers and fries. Had to send back chicken fingers (didn't taste good) and order a grilled cheese. I liked my food. No one else liked their food except when we switched out chkn fngrs for grilled cheese. Win some - lose some. Our server was excellent, friendly and polite. Parking IS HORRIBLE! Pack your patience and just park where it is legal and not too far for you to walk.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank letsgoeat
Floyd, Virginia
“Surprising combinations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The brother-sister team running this cozy spot have devised a bushel of ways to tempt the adventurous diner, often updating old Southern recipes. Whisk is on a side street off South Miami's downtown core, and discerning locals line up for a table at lunch and dinnertime. I liked the high tables next to the kitchen, where I could see the chefs at work and ogle the treats passed through the window for other tables.

Visited January 2014
Belem, PA
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Kind of a restaurant that you would't go if you are just visiting Miami for tourism. But, for the locals, its almost impossible to get a table or a reservation. Excellent menu and beer selection. All of the appetizers are highly recommended!!

• Visited March 2014