“Surprising” 4 of 5 bubbles

Whisk
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunset Drive & 74th Street
Description: Whisk Gourmet provides homestyle food using fresh, local, and organic ingredients. Come try Chef Brendan"s contemporary American cuisine with Lo'Country influence. We welcome reservations for parties of 6 or more only. All other guests will be seated on a first come first serve basis.
“Surprising”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Good food with large portions. Service was very good and the food was very tasty. The steak plate is savory and the jasmine rice was just right.

Miami
“Great little restaurant with home style food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I came to this place because of TA's reviews. The parking is a bit of a problem and PLEASE if you drive an SUV, please make sure you do not take 2 parking spots. The parking is limited right in front of the restaurant and I do not like thoughtless drivers.

The food is very good. Great sandwiches. I love the fact that they wrap them in paper and that the bread and the thick sliced bacon are great tasting. Everything is "a la carte" so side dishes are extra. The warm homemade cornbread was tasty. My daughter ordered the Ceviche and she said it was excellent.

The only mishap we had was with our waiter. He floated by he did not seem interested in the table he was taking care of, totally forgot our drinks which the lady that brought our food to the table was nice enough to bring the drinks for us. When we finished eating I was not about to leave without letting our waiter know he forgot our drinks, his response was a not very honest sounding "I'm sorry" and that was it.

I guess when I return, AND I shall return, the food is good, I will not leave without letting the Manager know if I encounter any issues.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank denitrip
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The minute you walk thru the door the deliciousness hits you and thats when you realize you're about to be well fed. Its a charming space. Whisk doesn't have a huge lunch menu and I understand why; every menu item (appetizers, salads, sandwiches) is done right. All the components are top notch. Beautifully marinated pork, perfectly fried chicken, beautifully baked bread, amazing sauces, fresh greens and veggies; I could go on and on! Did I mention they have Mason jars of awesomeness for you to drink out of. Wish we had more places like this in Miami.

“Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Not easy to find but we'll worth the search . Located on out of the way street behind the ACE hardware they specialize in gourmet southern comfort with local flare. Place is small and a bit of a wait is probable. They do take reservations. We went for lunch without reservation and were a party of 2 and waited 20 min. Larger paties were waiting 45 min or more.
Food is fresh and local ingredients are the standard . We had brussel sprouts followed by Shrimp and grits and the roast beef sandwhich for our main courses. all the food surrounding us looked wonderful . The dinners looked hearty and the salads were fresh and large .All around great food and good service, definitely worth a try.
This would be a 5 but for the parking. There are 14 spaces on site.we parked around the block at a metered spot.

1 Thank DLC57
Key Largo, Florida
“chilled water bottle good idea, and option!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

The new thing in restaurants is serving chilled water in a bottle, Free that is !! Whisk charges you .75 cents which is ok if you ordered it yourself, we did not and was not asked what kind we wanted our waiter just brought it to our table and that was it, dont mind paying just want to be asked ! its our option !! lunch was ok, 'brussel sprouts' were ok, not cooked enough and no taste to them. We had the 'burrito' which was good but could of used a little more dressing in it, we like this place and will go again but please just ask us next time what kind of water we would like to drink.

• Visited December 2012