“Lunch”
Review of Whisk

Whisk
Reserve with OpenTable
Whisk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 87 Restaurants in South Miami
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunset Drive & 74th Street
Description: Whisk Gourmet provides homestyle food using fresh, local, and organic ingredients. Come try Chef Brendan"s contemporary American cuisine with Lo'Country influence. We welcome reservations for parties of 6 or more only. All other guests will be seated on a first come first serve basis.
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The minute you walk thru the door the deliciousness hits you and thats when you realize you're about to be well fed. Its a charming space. Whisk doesn't have a huge lunch menu and I understand why; every menu item (appetizers, salads, sandwiches) is done right. All the components are top notch. Beautifully marinated pork, perfectly fried chicken, beautifully baked bread, amazing sauces, fresh greens and veggies; I could go on and on! Did I mention they have Mason jars of awesomeness for you to drink out of. Wish we had more places like this in Miami.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Not easy to find but we'll worth the search . Located on out of the way street behind the ACE hardware they specialize in gourmet southern comfort with local flare. Place is small and a bit of a wait is probable. They do take reservations. We went for lunch without reservation and were a party of 2 and waited 20 min. Larger paties were waiting 45 min or more.
Food is fresh and local ingredients are the standard . We had brussel sprouts followed by Shrimp and grits and the roast beef sandwhich for our main courses. all the food surrounding us looked wonderful . The dinners looked hearty and the salads were fresh and large .All around great food and good service, definitely worth a try.
This would be a 5 but for the parking. There are 14 spaces on site.we parked around the block at a metered spot.

1  Thank DLC57
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The new thing in restaurants is serving chilled water in a bottle, Free that is !! Whisk charges you .75 cents which is ok if you ordered it yourself, we did not and was not asked what kind we wanted our waiter just brought it to our table and that was it, dont mind paying just want to be asked ! its our option !! lunch was ok, 'brussel sprouts' were ok, not cooked enough and no taste to them. We had the 'burrito' which was good but could of used a little more dressing in it, we like this place and will go again but please just ask us next time what kind of water we would like to drink.

2  Thank cullinand17
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Love this little whole in the wall, as soon as you walk inside you smell the great food. So far i have had the buttermilk chicken and spicy beef and they were both excellent for apps i love the dates with bacon wow to die for... the service is good and wait hasn't been long for both times i have been there. Definitely adding Whisk to my favorite spots to eat in Miami

1  Thank jeff p
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I wanted to try a new place so we ventured over to Whisk in S. Miami.
At first glance, it would seem how does this place get any business? its on a very small street, the street is actually hidden and there is hardly any parking at all.

Once inside, the atmosphere is very nice. All you hear is people talking and having a nice time. There is a very relaxing feel to the place. I was a bit disappointed at first, as our server seemed to notcare that we had been sitting at the table without being approached for close to 10 mins. This was rather un-easy for me to be honest but my wife kept me calm.

Once the server came over, she was very nice, extremely professional and for sure knew what she was doing. My mood quickly changed and i once again became relaxed. The food was very tasty & fresh. the beers are rather different s they are from different regions & countries, but the server was very helpful and i was very happy with the beer i drank. My wife loved her wine.

I would for sure return to Whisk and i have already recommended it to many friends.

Its a great place to go for a date night for sure.

I say go at it!!!!