“Very Good Thai”

Songkran Thai Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 57 Restaurants in South Daytona
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We were in the area and decided to give it a try. Pleasantly surprised! All soups are made to order, we had the wonton soup and the flavor was well balanced and tasty. The springs were cooked just right. My wife had Chicken Pad Thai and I had the Chicken with Vegetables. The broth in my dish was to die for. My wife loved her Pad Thai as well. Do yourself a favor and ask for the assortment of Thai Chilis. The decor is dated and the service can be a little slow, but don't let that scare you away as the food is wonderful.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I judge Thai restaurants by their curry. I want flavor and spicy heat without resorting to dried red chili flakes or pastes and I give this shop high marks. This restaurant does a very good job with seasoning and using fresh vegetables in their dishes. Plus their lunch specials are only $6.50. Most of the Thai restaurants in this area are clean and well maintained. This is no exception.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

You don't have to travel around the globe just to get great Thai food in a casual atmosphere and at a reasonable price. This location has excellent food and the lunch menu items at under $7 are what you should be looking for. The owner does a wonderful job of caring for customers special needs. My wife and I dine there frequently.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Excellent value to quality ratio. Three of us had different entrees which were servered quickly and all were tasty and very fresh. For appetizers we had both Spring and Summer rolls...wish I had some now. The owner is one of the hardest working individuals that I have ever met. She must never sleep. Her staff is courteous and work hard to please the guests. Would tell all to give them a try when you are looking for Thai or Oriental cuisine.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We drive by this place a lot and there are never any cars in the lot, but someone told us it was good, so we tried it. I had a curry dish and my husband had Chili Jam. His was pretty good. I didn't care for mine. The only really bad part was the wine - not sure what they gave me but it wasn't White Zin. I wouldn't go back or recommend. I'd rather drive a little farther for better food and ambience.