“Nice food with problems”
Review of Sweet Bar Deli

Sweet Bar Deli
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Nice food with problems”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Nice food but the service was so and so. The toilets were kind of broken. Very nice view and tastefull dishes. A bit pricy for the size of the portions. 7.5/10

• Greek first
Athens, Greece
“A reason to travel to Schinoussa”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I would like to add some more tips, as long as the review of the previous is in good extent. We tasted breakfast, excellent pies and eggs with tomato (strapatsada), great coffee, fresh and tasty deserts. For dinner the place is so unique, don't miss katsikomakaronada and the dish with mixed seafood with rice. Dimitris is one of the best owners, he deserves all the good reviews, he does an excellent job, imagine the place is open almost 16 hours every day duting the summer. Extra tip. Book for dinner, no need to book for lunch, but your dish-option are far less.

• Visited August 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“It was ok”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

It was very busy the night we were there, so the service was a bit sloppy. Some of the food was unusual - saganakie cheese with balsamic vinegar on top. Odd. Try it but it isn't the best place to eat in the chora.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Greekophile15
West Midlands
“Beautiful decor but bad experience”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Inital impressions weren't good of this restaurant when I went in asked for a table for one. The waitress repeated one and looked horrified that one person should take up a table. I do sort of understand that so I let it go in the hope that the food would make up for the waitress attitude.

The service was fine and I ate a very enjoyable starter. Unfortunately the main dish I ordered which was a rolled chicken fillet with some filling in the middle, was virtually I edible because it was dry I struggled to swallow it. I ate a few pieces but left the vast majority.

When the table was cleared I explained that the chicken was very dry and after a few minutes someone came to the table and asked if I would like something else a replacement, which I declined.

The dish was knocked off the bill so I didn't pay for it and on leaving, I saw the guy who I think wax the owner & who I'd initially spoken to. I thanked him for not charging me & said that I didn't often complain but on this occasion felt it was necessary. He explained that some process in the preparation had been missed and that he'd tasted it and he agreed if wasn't right.

I understand that things sometimes go wrong and that it's how you deal with them which important. On this occasion, it couldn't have been dealt with better and whilst I didn't enjoy the dining, it was probably just a one off.

I thought back after and wondered if maybe I hadn't been made as unwelcome as a single diner as I initially thought but when I ate the following day in a very traditional Greek family restaurant where I was made extremely welcome & greeted with smiles, then I think I was correct in my initial judgement.

The views from the restaurant are stunning and the decor is beautiful and create a very relaxing atmosphere.

My experience may well have been a complete 'one off' but I can only give my opinion of my visit.

I would still say give the restaurant a try and see for yourself.

Also worth mentioning that I thought the prices were similar or only marginally higher than other restaurants I ate at on the island

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lynn H
Poole, United Kingdom
“Good Food at a Good Price”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Everything was great location and views, food very good and service great the only bad point was that they had several items missing off the menu and surprisingly Fava wich we were told was Schinoussas invention but that didn' ruin a nice last holiday meal.

Visited June 2014