“No refunds after 10 min!”
Review of Relax Inn

Relax Inn
Relax Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Silver Springs
Reviewed September 2, 2013

There is a sign when you walk in the office stating "no refunds after 10 min." Use those 10 min. wisely! Make sure the toilet flushes, the A/C works, and that the room actually has the microwave & fridge that are supposedly in every room. We changed rooms because we did not have a fridge or microwave. BYO fitted sheet as well, because there was wasn't one on our bed. One of the other people staying there left to buy his own sheets. Rooms are old & in need of upgrade. Housekeeping will turn the A/C off when they come to clean your room, so be prepared for it to be hot when you return (and when you first arrive). There is no "Do Not Disturb" door hanger.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank scleveland

Reviewed January 13, 2012

bed bugs cocroaches and filth, prostitutes in and out all night, no TP, towels were filthy, owners were verbally threatening, but the bed bugs were the final straw.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms....AVOID this place
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank heartflorida
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I rented a room for my boyfriend for a week. The room looked like it might have been cleaned, but it smelled horrible still. I stopped by after work one evening to check on him and within 2 min of getting there they were calling to make sure I wasn't staying the night and asking when I was going to be leaving. He got a little blood on a towel and when they came to change the towels they complained at him and didn't bring him back fresh towels. When I checked him in the lady went on a rant about how they don't take out the garbage that he has to do it himself. I have never been in a motel where the owners act like this before, I do not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Garfieldgrl
Reviewed November 25, 2007

Room was booked on Expedia for $49 a night, when we went to check out they charged $59 regardless of the piece of paper saying $49. 2 lights were burned out. Dried urine on the toilet. Old toothbrush in the closet (its probably still there). No clock/alarm. The space between my bed and wall was loaded with dirt, food, and beer caps. The smoke alarm would randomly go off in the middle of the night and then mysteriously stop a few hours later. And the best part, I woke up Thanksgiving morning to a bed and body covered in fire ants. The bites are still driving me nuts 2 days later. This will forever live on in my memory as the T-Day Invasion. I am guessing it all started when I had to eat my carryout in the bed the night before, as the only table in the room was broken. If you sat anything down on it, the table would tilt and everything would fall off.

• Check in / front desk
2  Thank zoose
Reviewed September 12, 2006

I booked a room which was suppose to have 2 queen beds and an 25" tv.....got there to room, had double beds, and a/c filter was so dirty when I turned it on...had to clean filter before I could use it. Called desk, and they said I would have to speak to manager in morning...was all they had...{during the night no one rented the room next door} but manager put us in there next day..in other words there was a room with queen bed's...they did locate another 25" tv for the other room for our 2nd night. The first room bathroom sink wouldn't drain..so tried to get it to work and some black junk came out of drain hole into sink. Got sink to drain...it drained onto the floor. The next room we stayed in, the shower sprayed the ceiling, walls everywhere but where you were standing...great shower if I had been a spider on the ceiling. Of the 2 electric lights between the bed's, 1 was burned out and was about to fall off the wall...called front desk..they switched bulbs but didn't tighten the light to wall.
My grandson's and I have all come down with a horrible cold from staying there in all that filth.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank charjosie
Reviewed July 20, 2006

I understand it was the beginning of a holiday weekend, and
my family just needed a place to sleep and then move on.,
however, the room was very stinky, the carpet was soaking wet
and there wasnt any information available for the t.v. etc...
the room was very high priced. the pillows and blankets looked like they were the original bedding from day one.
It was a terrible experience.

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank naplesdebbie
Reviewed April 3, 2006

First,they are misleading the public as that they are NOT AAA affiliated (not in this lifetime)- Filthy rooms,no towels,bathroom door/knob were on backward, so as the lock is on outside, makes you wonder?? bathroom window busted out with no screen and footprints on ground,electric plug was twisting in the wall where air cond that was supposed to work was plugged in, lucky it was cold.. No staff to speak of only the smart mouth lady that you really can't understand anyway, she said too bad, had no interest in anything I had to say. Have reported to AAA, hope they don't do business with places like this, and Choice Hotels, I was surprised, they really don't seem to care what this looks like on them- I will stay Marriott or others not associated with this level of Customer Service, and so will many of my friends... Watch out!!!

4  Thank DONNAW20010
BG Sun Plaza
BG Sun Plaza
#2 of 8 in Silver Springs
Days Inn Silver Springs/Ocala East

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!