“One of the nicest in fl”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Silver Springs
Juniper Springs Recreation Area
“One of the nicest in fl”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the prettiest springs. As a local me and my family go a lot, it is 5.50 per person. I remember it being $5 a carload. My kids never get tired or bored of the place. I have read a few negative reviews about the run. I have never done it but I can tell its a lot of work just looking at the run from the boardwalk and on signs it says that the run is for advanced paddlers... guess it goes to show you stupidity or some people have no sense of adventure.....

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank springfp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Belleview, Florida
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went to juniper spring for family day, We loved it the staff are very nice and polite. We walked in the trail it soo beautiful its very quite it felt so peaceful just you and mother nature. The water is soo cold but after a while you dont even feel it my kids loved it so much they want to go back. We recommend it .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We came here .. and I have to admit: I expected something more, something special, but it is just a medium sized pool around the water sources there, crowds are occupying the pool, the board walk along the creek is nice but nothing special really. Overall 10 bucks for 2 person for nothing. After 30mins we were out .. and to the next disappointment: Salt Springs ... to be continued .. :)

• Stayed September 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I recently went on the canoe/kayak run and had a great time. We are not experts but we both did have experiance kayaking and that helped alot . I would not recomend this for a beginner at all. Also If you do not want to get wet or if you are scared of faling in this is not for you. The run is very challenging with many turns and obsticales that you have to navigate. We saw plenty of wild life as well, Plenty of fish, 2 gators, a moccasin and even a deer.If you do plan on doing the run I would recomend a kayak, this is a very difficult run and you will likelly have to get out or possibly flip if you are in a canoe. It ia also 4 hours long through wild Florida so be prepared, this is not a gentle canoe down a nice wide stream. If you like a little adventure this is a must do. As for some of the comments about the staff being rude I did not see that at all. They were very firm in trying to let you know that the canoe trip was not for beginners and that it was up to 4.5 hours with no turning back. They were very busy and did a great job getting us signed in and on our way. The headspring is a great place to cool off and relax after the trip.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jbgator22
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Employees from beginning to end were rude and condescending; we found out that this recreation area is not run by the Ocala National Forest but RRM (Recreation Resource Management), a private company. They certainly act as if they do not want to be there and they do not want you to be there. The park is dirty, littered areas, and restrooms not clean. Also,if you want to make a day of it with picnic items, sandwiches, soda, water, ect. think again because the park will not allow you to take these items into the park...not a relaxing environment. We are a married couple just wanting to do a little hiking and then have lunch. Ended up going over to Mill Dam Park, much nicer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pinky K
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2013

After you purchase your rental from the concession shop, you have to get your kayak and wheel it on a cart a pretty good distance to the launch site. For my friend and I (two girls in their mid-twenties, who have kayaked full moon tours a hand full of times) the beginning was fairly easy. About three miles in, we encountered a fallen tree that was not passable. The only option was to get out of our kayak and climb after that big sucker, maneuver our kayaks underneath, then climb back in to continue down the path. This wouldn't have been such a big deal had the water not been so deep in that particular spot. It was quite the challenge, but we made it through. After that obstacle, the run became really winding and there's a lot of turning that is involved. We saw some people who chose a canoe and watching them bump on logs and turning those tight corners made my friend and I really happy that we decided upon the kayaks. There is a part of the stream where the current really picks up. I think it's around mile 5 or so. We got a little worried because we thought the creek was going to be that quick for the duration of the trip. We were pretty scared to continue! Anyways, we went for it and it only carries you along for about ten seconds. Throughout, there were a lot of logs that we had to scoot ourselves off of, but we never got stuck. It was definitely a more challenging course than we had anticipated, but it was gorgeous. There were A LOT of turtles along the way. We even saw three gators, one of which had to of been ten feet long. Thank goodness he was asleep on the bank, taking in the sunshine.
Overall, I do believe that I would go again. The only part that was a big pain was getting out of the kayak for the log. Which we were told that it has only been there for two weeks since some big storms knocked it down. One of the employees told us at checkout that there was talk of the Florida Park Service coming out soon to blow it up with a bunch of dynamite!
Also, I'd like to add that we left the launch at noon and arrived to the pick-up dock at 4:20. Ten minutes before we were expected. We really took our time and even back paddled for fifteen minutes trying to find our canoe buddies. (Which we almost missed the dock! It's located RIGHT after the bridge you go under in the end, tucked back to the right, hidden behind some bushes. So be sure to look out for it.)

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Ashley W
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The campground was big with a variety of sites. When we visited it wasn't very busy so it was private and quiet. The springs are beautiful, with crystal clear water that produce some amazing blues and greens. Its gorgeous. the swimming hole is pretty busy with locals on the weekends but during the week its pretty quiet.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BG Sun Plaza
BG Sun Plaza
#2 of 8 in Silver Springs
Astor Bridge Marina and Hotel

Been to Juniper Springs Recreation Area? Share your experiences!