Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs
$59
Relax Inn(Silver Springs)
$65
$59
Shamrock Historic Inn(Ocala)(Great Value!)
$79
$71
Hotwire.com
BG Sun Plaza(Silver Springs)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsocala areafront deskqueen suitehi expressroom was cleanbreakfast attendantsilver springs state parkfree breakfastthe breakfast areagreat place to staywould highly recommend this hotelyogurtstayed nightsthe entire staffvery nice hotelhieflorida
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at this property for 1 night. As a platinum elite member, I was happy that the hotel upgraded me to a spa suite from a standard room upon check-in. Furthermore, I was given a goodie bag with some damn good cookies! Check-in was a breeze and the front desk clerk was pretty helpful as to what was in the area. Chose to go kayaking at Silver Springs State Park and it was a very cool unique experience. The hotel is near a "Tilted Kilt" and "Walmart" which makes for easy pickups if need be. Great place to stay and a great value.

Room Tip: The spa suites are very nice. Not sure the price since I was upgraded to one, but I would def recommend them.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

First, we thank you for your loyalty to IHG and for being a Platinum Member! We recognize that as a Platinum level member, you spend a great deal of time on the road. We try to provide you with all of the same comforts you enjoy at your own home. We are thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay with us at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ocala-Silver Springs! Our staff works round the clock to provide consistent, exceptional service to each guest we have the pleasure of hosting. As you mentioned, we are quite close to many dining options, Walmart and are right across the street from the beautiful Silver Springs State Park. It sounds as though you enjoyed your time in our area. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and hope you return to the Ocala-Silver Springs area again soon. We have so many wonderful places to visit here! Thanks again.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Let me start by saying I loved my stay and would have no problem returning. The staff was super-friendly (one of them walked outside to point the shortest way for me to walk over to the Silver Springs State Park), and the hotel was spotless. As for the free breakfast, I'm not a fan of powdered eggs, but I loved the automatic pancake maker for nice fresh pancakes, and they do have great cinnamon rolls. So my criticisms here are minor and meant to be constructive for the hotel.
I stayed 4 nights and housekeeping was great except on one day she collected the garbage and then forgot to take it out with her and left it in a corner. She also took my wet/used bathmat and hung it over the tub to dry instead of giving a clean one. My room had a kitchenette w/ sink, microwave and minifridge. There was a sign that said that there was a complimentary set of plastic plates, forks, etc. I checked all over the room and there was no such set (but I never needed them). Wireless internet is not reliably consistent. There is no room safe. I also thought it was funny that the main breakfast room was set up with 9 tables, each with 4 chairs (and 2 armchairs along the wall) and then a sign by the door, "MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY 28 PERSONS".

Room Tip: I was in an end room and I'm not sure if that's why the wireless internet wouldn't stay logged on.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you kindly for letting us know how we are doing at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ocala-Silver Springs. We take our guest's comments very seriously and embrace the opportunity to improve upon our customer service excellence. Our managers regularly view our Trip Advisor comments, and I have passed along your review to the property. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our delicious, made-to-order pancakes! Our pancake machine is truly a hit with all of our guests. Our "suite packs" are located in the cabinet below the sink/wet bar area and they do include plates, cups, utensils and bowls. I do apologize that your bath mat wasn't replaced with a fresh, clean one during your stay. I will be passing this along to the housekeeping department for the hotel. We do have high speed fiber optic wireless internet and haven't had any complaints thus far. We do offer technical support to our guests and ask that you notify us immediately if you do experience problems with your connection. Timing is of the essence and the sooner we know about our guest concerns the more efficiently we can respond and remedy the issues. We value your feedback and thank you for being constructive.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Me and the wife took a stay vacation here. Very clean big rooms. Close to alot of restaurants. Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Only draw back was the air conditioning stopped working in middle of night.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you, John, for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ocala-Silver Springs as your "staycation" hotel! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also very sorry to hear you experienced air conditioning issues during your stay. We do preventative maintenance on each unit and frequent cleanings as to try to prevent such issues. I invite you to email me at michelle@hdghotels.com with any further comments or concerns. Please know your comments are greatly appreciated and have been communicated to management. We look forward to seeing you again at your next "staycation."

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Our hostess was Dollene. They opened early and had everything you could image, fruit, eggs, sausage, sweet rolls, cereal, pancakes, yogurt and of course coffee, tea and lots more. The rest of the hotel was great too. It's not close to I75 but is on the alternate North/South state highway. And their pet friendly too.

Room Tip: There is a night club on the back side which we heard going in but NOT from our room which WAS on that side. MIGHT not be good if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Ocala-Silver Springs! We are pleased to hear that you loved our hot, delicious breakfast. From pancakes to gooey cinnamon rolls, we try to think of everything so our guests can just relax! We hope you were able to enjoy some of the area attractions such as Silver Springs State Park during your stay with us. The park is right across the street and features the beautiful Silver Springs, glass bottom boat tours, wildlife and more! Do come and see us again at our Ocala, Florida hotel! Thank you again for the great review.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Standard design Holiday Inn Express of newer construction. Very clean and comfortable. Pleasant staff that seem to care for their guests. Asked for and received a great recommendation for dinner when we checked in. The little Italian restaurant on the corner across the street was great, but we were not informed by front desk that we had a 15% hotel discount. In conversation with the restaurant staff, they asked where we were staying and gave us cash back of 15% of the check even after we had already paid in full on a credit card. They said they had ad on hotel room keys, but not on ours.
Had a quiet first floor room on the end of the building because I requested to be away from noisy areas like elevator, ice and vending machines. I had booked a standard king bed online with a quiet room location request. I received a phone call after booking saying that their regular king rooms were all in noisy locations, and if I would approve a $10 upcharge, they would place me in one of their spa rooms that were quieter. The spa room turned out to have a two-person whirlpool bathtub, plus a glass-front shower inside a bathroom that was very large by hotel standards. However, because of my Platinum status on the IHG loyalty program, most hotels would have upgraded me for free. Not sure the upgrade was worth $10 since I did not see the standard king room, but the upgraded room was very nice.

Room Tip: Requested a quiet room and they placed me on first floor on the end room. This was away from the noise in the middle of the building in the public areas, but the exit door to the parking lot had a lot of morning traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

James, thank you so very much for the wonderful, thorough review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Silver Springs-Ocala, Florida! As a Platinum IHG Rewards Member, we thank you for your loyalty to the brand and strive to offer you all the benefits of your membership. Room upgrades are based upon availability. I am unsure of the specific circumstances of your upgrade, but know that I have passed on your comments to the manager of our property. We would love to offer you a complimentary upgrade upon your next stay with us. Our direct email is holidayinnsilversprings@hdghotels.com. Let us know when you will be in the area again and we will take excellent care of you! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our sparkling accommodations and area restaurants. Thank you again for letting others know about our Ocala-Silver Springs hotel.