“Great hotel just outside of Ocala”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Silver Springs
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vero Beach, Florida
“Great hotel just outside of Ocala”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nicely priced, this new property has it all over the nearby HI Express in Ocala. The staff is wonderful, making sure of our comfort. The breakfast is prepared in a wholesome way, and the breakfast room is large enough for a crowd. I called the hotel directly to find that they were fully booked, but that I would be called if a room became available, and this is exactly what happened. This HI Express is near great shopping and quite a few nice restaurants.

Room Tip: Stayed on the third floor....no noise to speak of.....try to get a room away from the elevator and c...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much! Our Holiday Inn Express hates turning away guests and we will do everything possible to ensure availability for our loyal guests. Although Ocala is not a huge city, there are some days when we find ourselves very busy or even sold out. We recommend that every guest book as far in advance as possible to reserve a spot and also to ensure a lower rate. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
isabella
Reviewed December 25, 2012

it was the death of my father that cause me to be home. i was so overjoyed at the compassion that was afforded us. everyone was outstanding in the performance of their duties. i believe that they went far and above the way we were treated. everything was perfect from the room to the food and location was just were we should be. the whole time we stayed i felt at peace and the place just sparkled for the work housekeeping had done. I tell you i can only say that non can compare to the excellence and professional care that we received. thank you so very much for the concern that was shown during our grief . YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THE GREATEST.

Room Tip: the room on the south side was quiet and allowed good and safe exit and entrance
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Harold, we are so sorry for your loss. Although it is a very sad occasion that brought you to Ocala, we are pleased that we could help you and your family during your time of grief. We hope that you have found some peace. Thank you.
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife and I had a reason to spend an overnite in Ocala and I chose this specific HIE because I knew it was away from the noise of I75 and congestion of downtown Ocala. Being from nearby Palm Coast, I was familiar with it's quiet location across the road from the Silver Springs attraction. Finally, the "5" ratings by others caught my attention when I was choosing which hotel to stay at. I can tell you that I made the right choice. There was only one minor item I might "moan" about but it would not impact my "5" rating ... our room was next to an elevator so we didn't have the noise of another room adjacent to us but the noise of the elevator's hydraulic pump (on the third floor) was a minor irritant but not a showstopper. Everything else about out overnite stay was perfect.

This hotel is new enough such that everything appears in great shape and there is nothing to complain about there. At breakfast, I noted a number of publicity photos for noted entertainers (who must have appeared at the adjacent Silver Springs attraction) so THEIR willingness to stay there is -- likewise -- notable.

We stayed on a weekend before Christmas so this hotel was busy ... still, no issues.

As a frequent traveler between a winter home in Florida and a summer home in Wisconsin, my wife and I spend a lot of overnites in motels and we find that the HIE chain is always predictably good ... we choose it over the alternatives lots of the time. This particular HIE was -- as others have noted -- above average for the HIE chain. I hope ya'll win another award ... keep up the good work folks.

Room Tip: Room 316 had elevator hydraulic pump system noise but -- conversely -- had no room on the bed side o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Larry, thank you from all the staff at our Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Ocala and Silver Springs! As you mentioned, our hotel is far enough away from Ocala to be very peaceful while still being located within minutes drive of desirable attractions. We work hard to ensure a very high level of service and we are so pleased that this was apparent during your stay with us. If you come on by again, please feel free to request a room away from the elevator. Our staff are always willing to accommodate special requests since we want your stat to be absolutely perfect!
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel has the frendlist staff and most accommodating people behind the desk we have encountered.
Keep up the fine upkeep of the hotel facilities. Clean and well maintained!
We stayed on Priority points and were treated like a full fair guest.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you Robert! At our Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Ocala and Silver Springs we value every guest. However, we especially love our Priority Club members. Whether you are cashing in a free stay or booking online, we will provide excellent service with a smile. Thank you!
Mount Clemens, Michigan
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a very nice family hotel. I was visiting family and this is the nicest hotel in the area of Silver Springs park. Rooms are clean, staff is nice, breakfast is good. It is right across the street from shopping and an easy drive to area attractions

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Silver Springs and Ocala! We are lucky to be located in the heart of horse country, just minutes from the Ocala National Forest and right across the street from the famous Silver Springs Theme Park. Thank you for taking the time to tell others about our hotel!
atlanta
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Clean, comfortable, nice breakfast, friendly staff. What more could you want? Our family of 4 needed a place to stay for one night after leaving Orlando. This Holdiay Inn was a great choice. My 9 and 12 year old boys loved the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Silver Springs, Florida. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you ever return, there are many fun family activities in Ocala and Silver Springs like ziplining, kayaking, swimming in natural springs, and the famous Silver Springs Theme Park.
Zephyrhills, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was with the Cypress 202 Moose Legion group staying for the weekend for a celebration. When I called the day of my reservation to confirm, because I was not going to check in untill late, there was a mix up in my reservation. When I called it in earlier in the week it was booked for 1/1/13 instead of 12/1/12. The hotel was booked and I was without a room. Nichole, who was working the front desk got back with me promply and found me a room. Fantasic service. I commend her for her customer service and the managment of the Hotel for backer her. I do know there was about 20 rooms booked from our group and all where very pleased. Great Job!!!! We will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chuck, a big thank you to all you folks from the Cypress 202 Moose Legion! Our staff at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites was especially honored to host your group on your recent trip to Ocala-Silver Springs. We certainly hope that you all get the chance to return again someday. Thanks!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silver Springs
Hilton Ocala
Hilton Ocala
#3 of 34 in Ocala
Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs? Share your experiences!