Tripadvisor
Silver Springs
Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Relaxing

Very peaceful, interesting, slow paced adventurous place highlighted by an interesting glass bottom... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Ritterm20
Macomb, Michigan
via mobile
Loved it

Wonderful place to see. Clearest water I have ever seen. Lots of manatees and alligators, fish and... read more

Reviewed January 8, 2020
561sheilaf
Smithtown, New York
via mobile

All reviews canoe run canoe trip fern hammock alexander springs beautiful spring jump off silver glen wild turkeys great kayaking crystal clear water national forest bathrooms were clean florida trail board walk spring water state park great trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Before I provide my review please note that this is for Juniper Springs run only. We did not really spend any time at the recreation area so I really have no feedback on that. Other than the staff was definitely friendly. Now on to the review for Juniper Springs run. I would not recommend this to anyone who is looking for a leisurely afternoon kayaking trip. The run takes about four hours and you spend the entire time navigating rocks, trees, and alligators. There are significant obstacles under the water that you have to constantly navigate around or through. This is definitely not an adventure you want to take with kids. Depending on the water table you can get grounded in shallow areas. The river is extremely narrow so any alligators are very close to you. I have done a few kayaking trips and this was definitely by far my least favorite. I am thankful it was just my husband and I and we didn’t bring the kids. Won’t be going back.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

Wonderful place to see. Clearest water I have ever seen. Lots of manatees and alligators, fish and birds

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed November 28, 2019 via mobile

A beautiful trail winding in the forest, didn't see wildlife heard the wind thru the leaves and the birds. The trail manmade is well maintained and easy to walk maybe 30 min walk. There were people were enjoying the spring water pool.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 17, 2019 via mobile

Crystal clear water! No swimming in this part of the spring, but there’s a place to swim near the entrance. Beautiful blue water flowing alongside the trail with bubbles rising from the spring floor. Awesome scenery with some awesome history behind it. Worth the trip!

Date of experience: November 2019
CampRRMSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Juniper Springs Recreation Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2019

We appreciate your positive feedback and review for Juniper Springs Recreation Area. We hope you are able to return again and enjoy all that the park has to offer. Thank you!

Reviewed November 6, 2019

Some of my friends have been here several times, so i decided to come here and kayak with them for the day.
We did the 7 mile run from the recreation area to wayside park. Great scenery and we saw a lot of birds and turtles.

Date of experience: August 2019
CampRRMSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Juniper Springs Recreation Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2019

Thank you for your review for Juniper Springs Recreation Area. We are happy to hear your friends enjoy frequenting the area and that you were able to join them. Hope to welcome you all back again soon!