“Closed”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Tommy's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Same owners, but not the same restaurant as the one listed in Ocala, Florida.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

No longer open has been closed for quite some time. it was not worth going to. Just wanted to post it is closed. The few times we went their it was ok

Reviewed July 7, 2011

My family was traveling through the Ocala National Forest toward Silver Springs as hunger pains hit. There wasn't much to choose from as we drove this path, but were delighted to see Tommy's BBQ offering southern home cooking. We decided to stop in and give it a try, what a great decision! The wait staff was polite and friendly, the facility was clean and decorated appropriately for a BBQ atmosphere. While there was a buffet lunch available, the foods lacked freshness so we decided to order from the menu. This was a fantastic decision. We ordered BBQ Pork, salads and Sweet Tea - all were delicious. Tommy's BBQ filled us and left a smile on our faces, we will visit again.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

This was the most foul inedible BBQ I have had in my entire life. All of our group are native Floridians and eat BBQ very regularly. You might even say it's a relgion with my father and husband. They will drive well out of their way to eat good Q and they attend or judge at festivals.

Between our party, we had both kinds of ribs, chicken and sliced pork. The meat was tough and tasted either old or previously frozen multiple times. It had zero smoke flavor or smoke ring and taste and texture led us to believe it was boiled or steamed. My sliced pork had an odd gray/green color. Even dousing it in hot sauce and BBQ sauce, I could not eat it. Maybe this is what prison BBQ is like.

Portions were large, sides were mediocre in flavor, tea was overbrewed, bread was stale. Redneck eggroll appetizer was wonderful---it all went downhill from there. Service was a little slow and haphazard, server stated she had worked a 12 hour day. Restaurant was clean and old Florida charming.

This place was around the corner from the RV resort we stayed in. It was my suggestion to try it as we all love BBQ. I am really not sure how this place is in business, it was that bad.

1  Thank flgatorgirl