“Not what I was expecting ”

Lake Eaton Sinkhole Trail
Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

It wasn't an actual hole like I thought. Just a steep hill. We ended up with ticks, so check yourself. It was a nice walk, not anyone else out there. Don't think I'd do it again though.

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Drove up with my dog to Lake Eaton trailhead. Not super easy to find. Way up in the northwest quadrant of ONF. We came from US-19 along Hopkins Prairie (dirt) Rd. Totally worth the drive. On one side you have a 2 mile loop that leads to a 50 ft deep sinkhole that you can climb down. On the other side you have a 2 mile loop to Lake Eaton with 3 observation piers on the lake.. Spectacular! Parking, restrooms, trails.. All for FREE! Great hike through beautiful, Florida terrain.
Highly recommended!