“Can't get more fortunate than this.”

Silver Springs State Park
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A 5000 acre park in north central Florida.
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The service from the rangers is EXCEPTIONAL (including their patience with the occasional crazies). Renting watercrafts is organized, simple, and very reasonable priced. The forest is beautiful, the signage is not overbearing and is helpful, the river itself is like something out of a relaxing dream, and the cabins -- the CABINS. For 109 bucks you get this mansion-esque cottage with two bedrooms, a nicer bathroom than anyone I know has (the shower and toilet get a separate internal room and it's all very spacious)...water and electricity, a sleeper sofa, ceiling fans, a firepit, and the giant porch has to cover 60% of the perimeter but is sealed and screened. Finding it was easy, ours (#9) let out to a trail in the back, and it's all far removed enough from everything to be safe and quiet. No better way to lose yourself!

7  Thank John F

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My parents used to take me and my sister here every year. Now that they have two grandchildren, they wanted them to experience it as well. The kids really enjoyed it!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

It's as pristine and beautiful as it was my last visit 30 years ago. It shows what dedication and maintenance does for a attraction. We need to teach this to our younger generation so like me in years gone by you can take your grandchildren and show them how beautiful nature is,

Reviewed June 4, 2012

This park is a blast from my past, my grandparents used to take me there as a kid, I took my kids last summer, brought back allot of memories.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We visited in May with our adult son who had never been there before. There park was not busy by any definition. We were there on a Saturday and were shocked by how few people were there.If it doesn't get busier than this I wonder how they stay in business! We wanted our son to see it before it goes the way of Cypress Gardens. And our son loved it just as we do. The glass bottom boat tours and their friendly, funny, knowledgeable captains make it a beautiful relaxing way to spend an afternoon. We loved seeing all the animals in their wildlife area, especially their lazy alligators! Their jeep tours are okay but not really worth the bumpy ride EXCEPT to see the monkeys.

I would really like to see them increase their museum area with more pictures and displays from all the old films and television shows filmed there. What they have is very enjoyable for adults to view but I could see where younger children who had never heard of the films might be bored with it. There was not much availability of food there, only one small restaurant open. We chose to have ice cream cones and get lunch after we left the park. I also wish more people were aware of the incredible beauty of the crystal clear water under the boats. There did seem to be more fish in the past. There were also fewer kayakers and private boaters all along the river. I remember it in the glory of the past also but they seem to be trying real hard to keep it up. When the public does not visit as they used to it has to be hard to pay the bills. I hope we will be able to visit again!!

1  Thank Verbelly