Eco Quechua Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel(Aguas Calientes)
Santuario Hotel(Aguas Calientes)
  • Breakfast included
Tierra Viva Machu Picchu(Aguas Calientes)
  • Free Internet
Ecologica Mapi(Aguas Calientes)
  • Room Service
Rupa Wasi Lodge(Aguas Calientes)
  • Breakfast included
Gringo Bill's Boutique Hotel(Aguas Calientes)
El Parque(Aguas Calientes)
View Hotel
Casa del Sol Machupicchu(Aguas Calientes)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot springsthe rivereco quechuaaguas calientesinca traillocal coffeetree housemachu picchutroutour tour guidetreehouse stylecoffee farm tournetshiketaxitrainadventure
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This beautiful ecolodge (you are right about a river, nestled into a tree canopy) was the prefect way for us to unwind after hiking Winu Picchu. The owner is very friendly, attentive, and knowledgable of local attractions. He happily arranged transportation for us to the local hot springs and to ziplining. The food was delicious and all other staff incredibly kind and accomadating. The only caution I have, is make sure you email the owner about transit from the train station to the ecolodge --- and carry change to make a phone call to Eco Quechua at the station, if need be. We were told there would be taxis able to take us (there were none) and eventually we found a spot in a van after speaking with someone at Eco Quechua....but it was a little worrisome at the time.
Aside from that,our stay was wonderful and one of the highlights of the entire trip. Highly highly recommend

Room Tip: ask for the honeymoon suite!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Ecolodge Quechua in Santa Teresa, Peru is a magical blend of adventure, serenity and culture. Our original plan was to do the traditional Inca Trail Trek camping in tents but we didn't have enough vacation days to work it in. I'm not really that hard-core of an outdoors person but wanted to have an adventure with my son so we scored big finding Ecolodge Quechua. We loved every minute of our stay from the amazing Peruvian cuisine to the beautiful open-air rooms. Simple perfection for anyone craving an eco- friendly nature experience. We did the 4 day adventure package with Sacred Valley tour, canopy zip-lining, coffee tour, hot springs and Inca trail hike and Machu Picchu. Truly an amazing experience!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 2014_Super_mom
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I never write a review, but I needed to express some views on this property if even just to get the owner to make things worth the money he charges.

My first issue with staying here is that noone at the station including the van drivers knew where Eco Quechua was. This was a little stressful, as there is nothing at the train station, not even signs to Santa Teresa. I think for $59 a night the owner or his rep could come and pick you up or at least get one of the collectivo drivers to put you on his list.

When I arrived there was no water, wifi was broken and there was a construction crew building the 2nd floor above my room.

I wanted to enjoy my stay here so much, but I just couldn't justify the price, given the accommodation.

Give it a miss for the time being.
The owner seemed to leave his family to provide service, which they struggled with. I just wanted to relax, but it was tough. The hotel's not very comfortable.

Dinner was awkward as the owners son stood over me and watch me eat, but I don't think it was his fault, he was just trying to be a good waiter. He needed the direction of the owner who wasn't around. For a hotel that seems to have around 3 guests per week I think a greeting from the owner might quash some of the negative points.

There's not much in Santa Teresa however the tourism office is trying. I'd say give the town a year and wait for someone else to open a guest house. Perhaps then Eco Quechua will have some competition and might work on their hospitality and lower their prices to what's fair for the accommodation.

Room Tip: Choose a room in Aguas Calientes instead.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank AdventureJohn
condorspirit, Propietario at Eco Quechua Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

is true we have 3 or 2 guests a week, we are in the low season, that´s why we choose specially this four months from November 2013 to March 2014 to build our next 4 deluxe rooms the noise is from 9:00am to 16:00. (That means, you will be more active and spend more time outside of your room doing our home activities)
We do not offer WIFI in this remote area and we don´t want to. But we keep your moments busy connected to the nature with big number of fruit eater birds, butterfly’s, caterpillars, orchids or simply relaxing in the lounge area hummock listening the sound of the river.
Or you can take our optional tours or activities:
• One Day Llactapata Inca Trail
• Canopy (Zip Line Tour)
• Coffee Tour
• Machupicchu Tour
• Early Birds Tour
• Local Medicine Tour
• Cocalmayo Hot Springs
In Santa Teresa itself there are more than 35 hostels including 4 mountain lodges and we are recommended by more guests than any other hostel or lodge.
Accesses are well defined there is only one road from the train station to Santa Teresa believe me you won´t need a sign to get there (read well the instructions in the time of your booking , be sure to get the right time train ticket to get back or choose the car option from Santa Teresa to Cusco, respect the locals and finally plan your trip in advance).
Best reagard
Juan Carlos Carlotto
Project Owner

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This place was an awesome find, thanks to our amazing guide Salva Carlotto. Great staff, awesome food, close to the most amazing hot springs I've ever been too. This place was hard to leave, and hard to get to, but well worth it. The high jungle, zip lining and proximity to Machu Picchu make it a must stay if that is your journey. Great job and just wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sean B
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Staying at Eco Quechua Lodge is an experience rather than just a place to stay. The owner explained its vision at our arrival, which is to stay in nature. Therefore, there is no WiFi available, and windows are 'missing' too. We stayed in the room with a riverview. It was funny that we were the only guests during our first night there, which resulted in a candle-light dinner for two. The menu displayed is not what you get though, but the food is DELICIOUS! And banana pancakes for breakfast are simply the best! Apart from that, amenities are basic, but a morning open-air shower with a view makes it special. From here, it’s just a 5 minute taxi-ride to the zipline course (GREAT FUN!) and a little longer to the hotsprings. The town itself is not very exciting, but a stay at Eco Quechua Lodge makes Sta Teresa worth staying in for a night or two!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room with a view on the river. The river can be noisy, but you get used to it and it adds to the jungle experience!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple