This hotel has just changed owners, and we stayed during their transition from Banana Bay Club to "Flip Flop Cottages." We loved our stay!
Our party was a family reunion (44 people!), so we took up the whole lagoon-side portion of the resort. My family and my in-laws stayed in the Bay Breeze (3 bed, 2 bath) and we were able to comfortably fit 6 adults and 3 small kids without stepping on each other. Things are in the process of being updated under the new owners, and we had the benefit of brand new beds with pretty new bedding, comfortable new sofas and chairs, large flat screen TV and new paint, but there were some things in our unit that still needed attention. The petite master bath looked great, but the second bath (with tub) needed some love (peeling wallpaper and a tub that didn't work when we arrived) and the slider in the living area had broken blinds. The staff were very friendly, accommodating, and helpful, however, so I would expect any big problem you encounter to be swiftly remedied.
We loved having the pool (it was a little small, but gated off and great for a quick dip and had lots of seating to lounge, tan, or dine), grill, and deck available to us--we ate outdoors often and BBQ'ed more than once. The view was fantastic and we all enjoyed watching the water. Some of us fished off the deck and almost everyone took a turn on the provided paddleboat, paddle boards, and kayaks in the lagoon (we were promised there would be no alligators because it was a salt/freshwater mix).
It was a quick walk or drive to some great beaches. Turtle Beach, Siesta Key, and Point of Rocks are minutes away--great for swimming and shell-hunting. All gorgeous.
We all agreed that even if we hadn't planned excursions we could have had a wonderful week just hanging out at the property. It really was wonderful and relaxing. We would be happy to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flip Flop Cottages(formerly Banana Club Waterside) offers a great location on Siesta Key. A lagoon setting with private fishing dock and free use of paddleboards, canoes , kayaks and a paddle boat! All units have full kitchens, non smoking. Studios, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom cottages available. We are also pet-friendly and offer free Wi-Fi service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Flip Flop Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bay Club Cottages At Heron Lagoon Hotel Siesta Key
- Banana Bay Hotel
- Banana Bay Resort
- Flip Flop Cottages Siesta Key, Florida