“Favorite Getaway”

Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed March 2, 2009

We love this hotel. Last year we went for the first time and we can't wait until we arrive there next week. The best part of the hotel is that it literally takes less than 1 minute to walk to the beach. The beach is right across the street! Siesta Beach is also an amazing beach with the softest sand I have ever felt. Another great aspect is that it is right next to all the nightlife of restaurants and bars. My wife and I had so much fun during the day at the beach and at night listening to the live music all right next to our room.
The room we stayed in was recently renovated and it had all the luxuries- nice tile, plasma TV, and an awesome jacuzzi. The hotel offers a good balance of amenities within such a small hotel. The whole staff was friendly and we a few other really nice couples at the hotel pool. This hotel is a perfect getaway for me and my wife thanks to the great beach, beautiful rooms, and fun nightlife.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jake5825
There are newer reviews for Siesta Beach Resort & Suites

Reviewed March 1, 2009

Siesta Key Resort is the most convenient accommodation to Siesta Key Beach and Siesta Key Village. A few short steps take you to the, World Famous, soft white sand of Siesta Key Beach for morning walks, sun bathing, and breath- taking sunsets. A few short steps in the opposite direction will take you to Siesta Key Village for shopping, dining or just relaxing in an open air café
We have been staying at the Siesta Key Resort for many years and have never been disappointed. The staff is always upbeat and very accommodating. Our room was newly renovated, exceptionally clean, spacious, and had a great two person Jacuzzi. The accommodating staff, the very friendly helpful front desk, and excellent location make this the place to stay. We will return for many more visits.

Jim, St Charles, IL

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank liketotrav
Reviewed February 28, 2009

On a short trip to Sarasota,I thought that this would be an ok place to stay. I got an unrenovated room & really had a poor experience. The tile floors never looked clean,housekeeing missed trash behind some furniture,the pillows were awful,mattress so-so. I went to the desk to request a blanket to replace the one on the bed w/a large hole in it and the desk man said "Is a blanket what's between the sheet & bedspread"? LOL The price was too high to be so shabby. I also shared the room with a large family of ants..

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank vatofla
Reviewed February 25, 2009

I want to thank the Siesta Beach Resort & Suites and staff for helping me to enjoy a week of nostalgia. My parents Ray & Jackie Nitschke frequently stayed at this hotel when it was the Best Western and always in room 203. When I requested to have the same room, the staff was more than happy to comply. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised with the newly remodeled rooms. My room was extremely clean and nicely decorated. I also enjoyed using my private jacuzzi. It was nice to have the choice of enjoying the heated pool or relaxing on such a beautiful beach. I look forward to returning with my family, hopefully again this winter! I highly recommend this hotel to all of my fellow Green Bay Packer fans!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Pinch me, I keep thinking that we were in a beautiful Bermuda resort! You are always greeted by the friendliest people at the front desk.. Our suite was newly renovated, exceptionally clean spacious, and had the best Jacuzzi to die for. The pillows are the best we've ever slept on, and the mattresses puts ours to shame back home. Our suite had every convenience one could ever need. The pool is beautiful and private. This resort is what a romantic getaway is all about...and then some. You are across the street from the most beautiful beach in the world, smack in the center of quaint Siesta Key Village, next door to the funky Blase' Cafe (we ate there 3 times...umbelievable food!), walking distance to a dozen fun great bars/ restaurants, and fantastic quaint shops. We never touched our car..it stayed parked the whole 3 days. Plenty of parking...worth gold around there.. If it sounds like we had a great time there, we did...and we're going back again real soon. A fun beautiful experience.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2009

We have been coming to this area for years, and have always stayed at name brand places. We have always been disappointed not only with the lackluster amenities, but also lack of service. We decided this time to wing it and stay at this little "Beach Resort" and see how it went. Well first of all I will say that this does not seem to me like an actual resort in the traditional sense of the word. There is no restaurant, bar, or room service. There is a good sized pool, lot's of beach chairs, palm trees, and friendly staff that seem to be genuinely happy to see you. The room that we stayed in was AWESOME!!! Big comfortable bed, Jacuzzi tub, flat screen TV, beautiful Florida style furniture, mood lighting on a dimmer switch, and it was CLEAN! The room was just great, and if the location and atmosphere wasn't so wonderful, we would have never left our room. Now maybe some of the rooms aren't as great as ours, we didn't see all of them, but the ones we did see in passing by looked equally as nice. The lack of amenities on property was way overshadowed by the proximity to the beach and Siesta Village. Siesta village is where all of the restaurants, bars, and shops are located. The Siesta Beach Resort is right there at the beginning of the actual village and as far as we can tell is the only nightly rental place to stay in or around the village, everything else is a condo/timeshare type place that requires a week or two minimum stay. The property is located right across the street from the beach, it literally took no more than a minute to leave the pool at the resort and then be walking in the gulf of Mexico. We stayed at the Siesta Beach resort for 4 days and we were able to meet just about everyone on the front desk staff (there aren't that many being that it is a small place) and everyone was sooooo nice to us. They really make you feel at home while you are in such an exotic place. On our last night there we had dinner and drinks with another couple that we met poolside on our 2nd day, and came back pretty late ( 1-2 in the morning) and seemed to have a problem with our AC. We called the front desk and the most friendly clerk came to our room to check it out. It turned out to be user malfunction and the room was cool and comfy in no time . We come to Sarasota once a year and will never even consider staying someplace else. We can't wait to get back to the white beaches of Siesta Key!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2009

My family and I have been visiting Siesta Key for the past five years. We always stay at the Siesta Beach Resort and Suites. The service is wonderful. We are always greeted with smiling faces, impeccable rooms, and convenience to Siesta Beach. Our last stay was the beginning of January of 2009 and the room was wonderful. Updated with a Jacuzzi tub that I had no problem using, it was immaculate.The flat screen TV was a pleasant surprise. I am always impressed that there is someone at the desk to answer my questions 24 hours a day. We have included our adult children and grandchild for past trips and are starting to plan a trip in the spring. The children can just leave the beach, walk across the street and take the grandchild back for her nap.No packing cars,with blankets,towels, umbrella's etc.And no looking for beach parking! So much less stress. The kitchenettes also are a big saver without worrying about meals for the little one and group schedules. Our laundry is done before we leave(I do it while basking at the pool at the resorts laundry facilities nearby).A relaxing end to a wonderful time.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Turtle Beach Resort
#7 of 12 in Siesta Key
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!