“Good price in great place”

Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Tychy
“Good price in great place”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Not bad budget option for a day or two in Siesta Key
Located just in the center and almost on the beach which is probably really the best and most beautiful beach is US..the sand is white as snow and soo soft you will like to stay only there so who cares about the hotel room, right?
Anyway you will come back there only to sleep :)
But it is important to mention that wifi was really a problem there, it was working fine only at the pool area and not at all in the room close to the reception

Room Tip: Do not chose the once close to reception as the wifi is not working there, pool area much better
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

My experience at this hotel was ok...rooms are basic...somewhat dated. Prices were good...walking distance to main st nightlife and the beach. I would stay here again...decent property. Other reviews really make this place look awful but i think the hotel has renovated since most bad reviews were written.

• Stayed June 2012
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Ok, I got the room through priceline so I didn't actually pick the place on my own. So when I read the scathing reviews I was scared to see what I was in for. People made it sound like it was unsanitary and that there would be nasty surprises. I was traveling alone and went at the end of september midweek during "slow season". When I went to the room I went straight to the bathroom. It was very clean, as was the rest of the room. Yeah, what were people talking about? The only thing that was missing was a little refrigerator which I had mistakenly thought every room came with. I inquired with the very friendly man at the desk and he said the basic room didn't have one but he didn't mind moving me to a room 2 doors down with one. Alright! I looked at that room and it was great. I went back to tell him I'd take it and ended up chatting with another man in the lobby who was super friendly. Turned out he was the manager and he upgraded me to an even nicer room with the jacuzzi. Everyone there was very friendly and made sure my stay was awesome. Sure there were some minor flaws like a rusted coffee pot, (luckily I don't drink coffee) but the location was terrific, steps across from the uncrowded part of Siesta beach with the best sand in the USA.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank lesha777
Carrie C, Front Desk at Siesta Beach Resort & Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at Siesta Beach Resort and Suites! How nice that we were able to upgrade your room to one of our Jacuzzi Suites! Our staff does the best we can at making sure we upgrade where and when we are able to in order to make sure as many of our guests experience the best we have to offer as often as possible. The next time you make reservations with us directly, feel free to mention this posting to receive our VIP 10% off rate for any and all future stays. Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to your many returns!
columbus
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Location Great! Exterior Great ! Interior Horrible! Room big but gross - carpet coming up, paint peeling on ceiling, pillows flat, sheets thin, comforter worn out, pool closed. In the village close to everything is the good! Beach access is good!

Room Tip: Not here we had Rm 108
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Siesta Key hotels

Dubuque, Iowa, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff(came around when they noticed a guests car was in a tow zone- a very nice gesture, even thou it wasnt our car) Very close parking. Very short walk to beachfront, bars and dinning(like a half block). We hit up Gilligans, Cafe Blase, Daquari Deck and SKOB-Siesta Key Oyster Bar. Nice rooms, a little dated but perfect for staying close to beach. Jaccuzzi tub jets didnt work the best, but overall we loved our stay because of the friendly staff, nice room, and location!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Becca B
Key West, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2012

As soon I walked in to the bathroom, I noticed huge black hair in a bathtub. The towels were missing. It made me vender if this room was clean at all. Front desk made me believe it was. After taking shower, I noticed the color (usually it is white) of the towel on a floor was disgusting black and more black hare appeared on a floor.
The joy of staying in this hotel went down completely. When I talked to front desk about this, I received not awful look at me and after rolling her eyes, she had a conversation with another worker what they going to do about this, instead waking sure it will be cleaned.
Cleaning staff did not speak English at all. Staff at the front desk needs to learn how to provide customer service as well as satisfaction. I will never stay at this hotel again or recommend to other. The rate they charged at this dirty room is not acceptable at all. I would love to talk to manager or owner about this. Please give me a call at 305-587-0158

Room Tip: dirty rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oksana D
Palm Harbor
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The day before we were to arrive we get a email saying they are redoing the pool. We get there on a Friday night and went up to our first room (yes first room) and the AC was not working. We got moved to another larger room and the key did not work. We went and told them and they gave us another key. It didn't work again, so I went back over there and I guess they were having a problem with all the keys. The guy working the front desk was very rude, because everyone was complaining to him. He was finally able to get us in and did say sorry to me. We went out to dinner and came back to get our correct key and he offered to move us to a more updated room. It was nicer then the other two we looked at. The place is not a nice resort at all. It is very old and it shows. The new one we went in was all tile and I could not even walk around without shoes on, because I can feel the dirt on my feet from the floors not being cleaned. I did try to make the best of it though. On Saturday night we got woken up by the drunks outside sitting at the table right by our door at 2:30. I went out there with one eye open and said to please be quite and they did go in, but still heard people out there for at least another half hour.
Overall pros
close to it all
good pricing
overall cons
needs updating just about all around.
things not working

Room Tip: Ask for the spa room, since that seems to be the more updated one
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
#6 of 12 in Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!