“Great place to stay near Siesta Village and Beach”

Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
“Great place to stay near Siesta Village and Beach”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff(came around when they noticed a guests car was in a tow zone- a very nice gesture, even thou it wasnt our car) Very close parking. Very short walk to beachfront, bars and dinning(like a half block). We hit up Gilligans, Cafe Blase, Daquari Deck and SKOB-Siesta Key Oyster Bar. Nice rooms, a little dated but perfect for staying close to beach. Jaccuzzi tub jets didnt work the best, but overall we loved our stay because of the friendly staff, nice room, and location!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Becca B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Key West, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2012

As soon I walked in to the bathroom, I noticed huge black hair in a bathtub. The towels were missing. It made me vender if this room was clean at all. Front desk made me believe it was. After taking shower, I noticed the color (usually it is white) of the towel on a floor was disgusting black and more black hare appeared on a floor.
The joy of staying in this hotel went down completely. When I talked to front desk about this, I received not awful look at me and after rolling her eyes, she had a conversation with another worker what they going to do about this, instead waking sure it will be cleaned.
Cleaning staff did not speak English at all. Staff at the front desk needs to learn how to provide customer service as well as satisfaction. I will never stay at this hotel again or recommend to other. The rate they charged at this dirty room is not acceptable at all. I would love to talk to manager or owner about this. Please give me a call at 305-587-0158

Room Tip: dirty rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oksana D

Travelers are raving about these Siesta Key hotels

Palm Harbor
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The day before we were to arrive we get a email saying they are redoing the pool. We get there on a Friday night and went up to our first room (yes first room) and the AC was not working. We got moved to another larger room and the key did not work. We went and told them and they gave us another key. It didn't work again, so I went back over there and I guess they were having a problem with all the keys. The guy working the front desk was very rude, because everyone was complaining to him. He was finally able to get us in and did say sorry to me. We went out to dinner and came back to get our correct key and he offered to move us to a more updated room. It was nicer then the other two we looked at. The place is not a nice resort at all. It is very old and it shows. The new one we went in was all tile and I could not even walk around without shoes on, because I can feel the dirt on my feet from the floors not being cleaned. I did try to make the best of it though. On Saturday night we got woken up by the drunks outside sitting at the table right by our door at 2:30. I went out there with one eye open and said to please be quite and they did go in, but still heard people out there for at least another half hour.
Overall pros
close to it all
good pricing
overall cons
needs updating just about all around.
things not working

Room Tip: Ask for the spa room, since that seems to be the more updated one
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Siesta Key, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

You can walk everywhere from here. Since it use to be a Best Western it still has that kind of generic feel to it... we usually have people that come to visit I stay here and everyone has been happy! I definitely recommend this place if you're only staying a few days.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Tiffaney C
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great resort. I would recommend it to anyone. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They always made sure we were having fun.... Our rooms were cleaned everyday.
The resort was located directly across from the beach with beautiful views.

We were about 5 mins away from the centre of gumbet which was a great location in comparison to other hotels.

I am going back next year as I had such an enjoyable time
Staff were excellent. We found it hard to leave as we had such a good time as a result of their company . The bar staff restraunt along with reception employees each an every one of them made sure our holiday would be one to remember.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Turkelton
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2012

On arriving to this hotel which we had booked for 2 nights we were given a room that had not been cleaned yet. Bed was not made garbage in the trash can. Went back to office requested a different room but manager said rooms aren't actually guaranteed until 3:00 ok so why did you give me the keys. She did finally give us another room which keys didnot work. Made trips to office 3 times 3 people standing in office not one person offered to come to room to help with entry to our room. We did not stay here we lost our money for 2 nights but that was better than sleeping in this NASTY OUTDATED HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: go to a different hotel do not stay here unless you don't mind sleeping in a nasty outdated hote...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Stephanie F
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 21, 2012

this was my 1st time staying in siesta. hotel was lovely . food was fab. the staff couldnt do enough for you . rooms cleaned every day. will be returning again in the near future. would recommed this hotel to family and friends

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
#6 of 12 in Siesta Key
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!